Donations on Facebook to buy a girl a horse...

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Baileys cream on porridge WHY has nobody ever told us before, still trying to get through my first hot Choccy with the mini marshmellows, they don't tell you they stick to your lips or am I doing something wrong. :)

FionaM12

Visit site
I just wanted to say a big hi. finally signed up as a member after reading all on this thread. Have read many a post on this forum before but never got round to becoming a member Untill now. I did have to laugh at some of the posts on here especially the bit about you all being vile nasty people etc I can't quiet remember if you were all branded Middle Aged women to but it was along those lines. But I think most of all the funny banter between most of you on here is also another reason for me to sign up.

I think you'll find it was "Middle aged witches" :D

Grinchmass

Visit site
I translated that as "experienced and wise, with useful skills, and lots of cats"...:D

Ha, the last bit rings true at least. I seem to have acquired a lost cat at the moment, she's almost all black too, trying to find her owners... Plus my own cat. I feel like Cheshire cat sanctuary...

Grinchmass

Visit site
No, they just refuse to leave :( They destroy anything remotely fancy and leave headless mice on the front door step. If I complain, they hiss at me. Please send help!

This lost cat, comes in, demands milk and food, hisses at me, and still I let her in?! I need my head seeing to, and need to find her owners she's scaring my cat, who is pretty much a kitty teddy bear :)

Emilieu

Visit site
This lost cat, comes in, demands milk and food, hisses at me, and still I let her in?! I need my head seeing to, and need to find her owners she's scaring my cat, who is pretty much a kitty teddy bear :)
I have one of these too, she's been here a year now. I think I might be hers :'( on the plus side my oen teddy cat is no longer afraid and seems to bonded with the holy terror. ..

Arizahn

Visit site
This is how it starts! We have ended up with seven, only three of which were actually ours...the rest are a variety of dumped and unwanted sorts :( One of which keeps trying to kill my husband by tripping him up and randomly clawing him, lol!

I think rehoming myself will be easier...anybody want a crazy cat lady, smells vaguely of horse and can't cook? :D

Kaida

Visit site
50 pages...I need to change my setting s so it's only 12 on mine too! I did comment earlier on this and have been following it. I feel that some new posters haveen displaying exactly the behaviour they are accusing others of, which is a shame as it detracts from the original point, which was about the morality of asking for money to buy a horse.

However, many people have been polite and I think several have been patient and tolerant to a fault, given the unwarranted things said to them! Anyway, I said earlier that as the girl didn't directly ask for this, I don't see it as begging per se, but agree that the dealer should have known better and they or she should have morally declined the donations.

I see now that they have said following all this they have discussed loaning options with her or buying in installments but she is now worried for the safety of her and the horse if this happened. I cannot see how this could possibly be attributed to this thread, as others have said, people going to her house must be a local issue from those who know her personally and therefore I would suggest following a different 'conversation' than this!

It's a shame for all concerned that they didn't offer the loan/installments before the PayPal idea ever came up but hey, you live and learn!

I too am a new poster - although I didn't join for this post, but as I have seen from reading this forum over the last couple of years that it is a large community of generally helpful, knowledgable and supportive people (cats optional) - I have moved recently and also have some questions about my latest equine, and joined in order to be able to ask these!

In other news - I have a coffee machine which also does amazing hot chocolate. I always have a pack of mini marshmallows in the house! In fact, may have one now...

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I find a good slug of squirty cream is usually appreciated on the hot choc, as well as a glug of Baileys or rum.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
50 pages...I need to change my setting s so it's only 12 on mine too!

I too am a new poster - although I didn't join for this post, but as I have seen from reading this forum over the last couple of years that it is a large community of generally helpful, knowledgable and supportive people (cats optional) - I have moved recently and also have some questions about my latest equine, and joined in order to be able to ask these!

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-035.gif
You've managed to keep silent and only lurk for several years!? Wow!

Anyhow, in case you use a computer to view the forum, and if you don't know where/how to change your page settings, click where it says Settings towards the top of the screen, click on General Settings, under Thread Display Options, where it says Number of Posts to Show Per Page:, change to Show 40 Posts Per Page, scroll down and click Save Changes.

*mutters* Several years
k020.gif
, she's lurked for several years... *stops muttering*

Oh, sorry, I nearly forgot, Welcome to the forum.

Kaida

Visit site
Lurking...not learning! Although I learnt too...this is what happens when the husband talks to you while youre typing...

Oo thanks for the setting advice *changed*

Pidgeon

Visit site
Another convert to hot chocolate with marshmallows, oopsie did I forget to say part of the fun is they stick to your lips when drinking it...............

Grinchmass

Visit site
This is how it starts! We have ended up with seven, only three of which were actually ours...the rest are a variety of dumped and unwanted sorts :( One of which keeps trying to kill my husband by tripping him up and randomly clawing him, lol!

I think rehoming myself will be easier...anybody want a crazy cat lady, smells vaguely of horse and can't cook? :D

7... Don't say that or OH will be re-homing me instead of the waifs nd strays that turn up at our door... Seriously though, I live in a small house, desperately trying to find her owner, 2 animals cost enough to look after, they live the life of luxury, dreamies, scratching posts, carrots and new rugs, where I have bleach stained jodhpurs and go to work looking like a fancy dress haystack. Plus the cats don't have much room to escape each other, although I'm beginning to admit defeat and face the fact I'm going to be cat mediator for the forseeable until they can learn to get along - or at least treat each other with indifferent dislike.

On the other hand OH who kicked up a holy fuss about me letting her stay the night when I found her on Saturday is getting quite attached. At least I know if I want another animal I can get it, weather the storm, and then witness him admitting defeat.

Arizahn

Visit site
We have an actual rescue centre willing to take three of the extras once they have space :) So not too bad. Sadly, extra number four is in the late stages of cancer, so we are just taking care of his final weeks along with the vet. Shame, as he has a lovely nature :(

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Have had a b/w cat turn up several weeks ago at my stables, looked thin and his coat was brown on top, so after several days seeing him lurking, I started put cat food out for him that I had left from the stray polecat and it was Sheba, so he will eat the Sheba but not anything else, have tried and I don't like wasting my money and also likes milk, he's now a nice looking cat with a glossy black coat and a couple of lbs heavier, he now answers to Charlie. Cann't really have cats at home because of the 2 terriers.

Arizahn

Visit site
Have had a b/w cat turn up several weeks ago at my stables, looked thin and his coat was brown on top, so after several days seeing him lurking, I started put cat food out for him that I had left from the stray polecat and it was Sheba, so he will eat the Sheba but not anything else, have tried and I don't like wasting my money and also likes milk, he's now a nice looking cat with a glossy black coat and a couple of lbs heavier, he now answers to Charlie. Cann't really have cats at home because of the 2 terriers.

No rodents at your stables, I should think :)

Spilletta

Visit site
I can't believe this thread (the one that finally got me to register) is still going! For the record, I'm middle-aged and have a black cat. I don't think I have any witch's powers, although I always thought it would be handy to be able to fly a broomstick. :)

I wasn't particularly bothered about hot chocolate, but I might have to investigate on that further as I do like marshmallows.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site

h0B958BA9

7... Don't say that or OH will be re-homing me instead of the waifs nd strays that turn up at our door... Seriously though, I live in a small house, desperately trying to find her owner, 2 animals cost enough to look after, they live the life of luxury, dreamies, scratching posts, carrots and new rugs, where I have bleach stained jodhpurs and go to work looking like a fancy dress haystack. Plus the cats don't have much room to escape each other, although I'm beginning to admit defeat and face the fact I'm going to be cat mediator for the forseeable until they can learn to get along - or at least treat each other with indifferent dislike.

On the other hand OH who kicked up a holy fuss about me letting her stay the night when I found her on Saturday is getting quite attached. At least I know if I want another animal I can get it, weather the storm, and then witness him admitting defeat.

Funniest_Memes_cats-are-like-potato-chips_15939.jpeg

Arizahn said:
We have an actual rescue centre willing to take three of the extras once they have space :) So not too bad. Sadly, extra number four is in the late stages of cancer, so we are just taking care of his final weeks along with the vet. Shame, as he has a lovely nature :(

I'm sorry to hear about number four, but at least I'm sure you will do your best for making his last weeks as good as possible.