Donations on Facebook to buy a girl a horse...

Fransurrey

Visit site
Ive seen a nice oakley supremacy... come on guys a few quid isnt gonna hurt your pocket!!!!

Aww, you know I would, but honestly, I need every pound I beg from the streets to go towards my DB5. If there's anything left over after I've got the furry dice, I'll chuck it your way. Howzat?

With regards to the original post, *Headdesk*

noodle_

Visit site
have i got the gist right.... the dealer is trying to raise funds for themselves to "give" the horse to the girl?

i could do with a new bridle...................... paypal me please!? :D

Visit site
I've just set up a website to pay for the ongoing care of my horse.
Please donate generously, she's in real need of a swarovski encrusted saddle. You simply don't understand the poverty she lives in.

www.payformyhorseyoumugs.com

I think half the fun of owning a horse is the fact that i can say that i pay for her by myself and i work hard for that. I can't imagine begging on a social media sight for someone to pay for me to buy a horse, no doubt there will be a page set up when it has a vet bill.

ridefast

Visit site
I'm so pleased I'm not on facebook right now, was just thinking of re-activating again but this has reminded me why it winds me up so much. I would never ask for money (unless it was family members @birthday/christmas) but from complete strangers to buy me a horse??! Feel silly now though as my horses were paid for by me, through working and saving and never going out clubbing or shopping. I would really like my own yard now... anyone like to donate? It would make me happy

gmw

Visit site
Can't afford to buy it? How the dickens is she going to afford to keep it livery or grass, feed it, VETS fees, dentist, farrier,rugs,the list is endless. Ridiculous. For want of a better word a scam?

Dunlin

Visit site
I've just found a penny in the lining of my jacket, every little helps!

Alternatively I would happy to donate £150 only if they would return the favour and donate £150 to me as I really want to buy some new boots and can't be bothered to work hard for non-essential things I want like most normal people!

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
Last edited:

Love

Visit site
In a way I think it is very sweet that people are genuinely wanting to help and donating their hard earned money selflessly.... But I don't think they have thought about it at all. Like many have said, if the girl can't afford to buy it how can she afford th upkeep etc etc.

I don't agree with them asking one bit but you can't deny that people are generous, albeit naive!

Elvis

Visit site
My horse looks sad, I think it's because he wants a dressage saddle.
I can't really afford one, but I figure you'd all be able to chip in?

It's quite ridiculous that this girl is having any money donated. One of those 'what is the world coming to' moments.

awilliams

Visit site
I think half the fun of owning a horse is the fact that i can say that i pay for her by myself and i work hard for that.
I couldn't agree any more. In a sad way it feels great handing over my bill (*gulp*) knowing I've worked to pay for the thing I really love despite my bank balance doesn't look so pretty, just like everyone else.

I don't understand why the dealer isn't just doing payment in instalments with her.

Adopter

Visit site
Just had a quick look at the FB page, there was a post in reply to the latest total raised from someone who had loaned this girl a horse and had taken it back from her in terrible condition. Funnily enough, that particular wall post mysteriously disappeared in front of me (deleted by dealer I assume...) and only positive, supportive comments are now being allowed! I find it incredulous that complete strangers will donate to buy a horse for someone they have never met, who already has a horse (or horses?) and who has previously had a loan horse removed from her care. And on the recommendation of someone who stands to gain from the sale!

If people really wanted the feel good factor that they keep blurbing on about on FB, they would be so much better off donating their money to RDA, Redwings or Horseworld or any of the other worthy charities, rather than lining the purse of some dealer, who is probably wondering why on earth they have never tried this scam before!

I do agree with you, why do people get taken in. Redwings, WHW, Blue Cross etc all have informative and interesting Facebook pages about horses, ponies they are helping, if that is what people want to do.
I wonder why Facebook allow appeals like this, which are so questionable.

rainycali

Visit site
Such a shame that this forum has a reputation on other forums for being bitchy - having read all this it all makes sense why people avoid h&h forum

rainycali

Visit site
Such a shame that this forum has a reputation on other forums for being bitchy - having read all this it all makes sense why people avoid h&h forum
Dealer also put on Facebook that all the money will be donated to charity if this girl doesn't achieve her dream. But of course people forgot to read that bit before spouting off the 'dodgy' dealer pulling a scam!

Adopter

Visit site
Dealer also put on Facebook that all the money will be donated to charity if this girl doesn't achieve her dream. But of course people forgot to read that bit before spouting off the 'dodgy' dealer pulling a scam!

This does not change my opinion, I do not agree with expecting the public to buy a horse for private use, if it was to buy a pony for RDA or similar I would think differently.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Interesting comment from the dealer

if Paiz manages to have her best friend then I would keep full control and would NEVER allow any horse to go somewhere they weren't going n to be cared for.

So seems even if the money is raised horse will only be loaned.

mustardsmum

Visit site

First, I am not "spouting off" merely expressing and opinion, which is my understanding of forums?

The reason I am doubtful of this, is because the person selling the horse has set up a fund for anyone to donate to, so that her groom can have the horse she is selling, therefore she has an interest in achieving a sale of the horse. This is neither "bitchy" nor "spouting" but mere statement of fact. My point is, more concisely, is that people are donating money to buy a horse for someone they have never met, they probably have not idea whether the girl can care for it adequately or fund the cost of livery, shoes, vets fees etc. Yes, the dealer has agreed to donate the money to charity if the total were not received, lets not forget but that is not the motivating factor behind the donations.

With so many internet scams now about, we should be able to question the validity of something like this.

rainycali

Visit site
I understand wanting to question the viability of it but it has turned into a witch hunt on Facebook full of bitchy comments. If people are genuinely concerned they could have Messaged the page rather than slating someone they know nothing about - the majority of comments I read we're aimed to upset and hurt the feelings of the young girl and question the motifs of her boss.

At no point has anyone been forced to donate anything. It is a free choice an people have been kind enough to help this girl - there are some lovely caring people out there who by donating £1 which is the only amount every mentioned by the young girl can make her wish come true then why the hell not and good luck to her!

showpony

Visit site
Maybe be naive but if dealer thinks that highly of his/her groom and wants her to have the horse they would put payment plan in place?

i don't agree with asking for donations to buy a horse.

Last edited:

rainycali

Visit site
I've no Idea what she earns but payment plan on a grooms wage? You having a laugh? Grooms earn a pittance and I'm sure any spare wage would be going towards things like insurance, shoes etc etc.