Done to death I know.... but hoof boots....

ann-jen

Visit site
Dee's feet have got a lot bigger since going barefoot and so the old macs I got for her at the start no longer fit.
After much conversation with the extremely kind and informative lady at the hoof boutique we seemed to have narrowed the suitable boots down to either renegades or cavallos. These seem most suitable as Dee's feet are wider than they are long.
I like the look of the renegades as they seem so much less bulky... and I guess less likely that they would tread on one and pull it off.
The cavallos sound like they would be more forgiving of fit if her feet continue to get bigger, and are a lot cheaper! But much bulkier....
I only use boots for hacking on the roads or where I know the going is stony. Round the farm and in the school she doesn't wear boots so they aren't used on a daily basis...
So I'm trying to weigh up whether there is any other benefit to paying the extra for the renegades purely because of the 'look' when the cavallos may be more than sufficient for my needs.
Thanks for any comments :)

BlackRider

Visit site
I found the cavallos to be good, they're easy to get on and off, and you can always sell them second hand, without loosing too much money.

AngieandBen

Visit site
I've used Cavallo's for about 4 years now and love them. Never had a problem with them coming off even in mud. Easy to get on and off as Apache Warlord says and they are fairly cheap :)

ann-jen

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I've thought it over and decided the cavallos are going to be the best bet as they sound a little more forgiving if her feet continue to enlarge (which I think they'd might!) she is right at the largest end of the width measurement for the renegades so she could quite easily outgrow them fairly quickly I think! Good to hear all these positive reviews tho as it reinforces I've made the right choice ��

ann-jen

Visit site
That's good to know. Have ordered a pair and should be here later in the week, just didn't dare chance the renegades as she was at the widest for the fitting and think if anything her feet may continue to expand!