Don't you just love your horse?

tankgirl1

Visit site
I adore my Dolly Donut, she means the world to me. We hardly go out exploring any more, but she is always there for me with a nicker and pricked ears and a wuffle to see if I've got anything good in my pockets. She is the reason I leave the house most days and is the reason I am still here <3

J_sarahd

Visit site
I love this little bean with all my heart. He can be a typical stroppy teenager sometimes, but then other times he acts older than 6. I was never confident hacking out, but with him, I am more than happy to go out and have a canter. And even when he’s an idiot, I don’t worry because he’s not naughty. Just a stroppy teenager. He tries his heart out, especially if there’s jumping involved. And don’t even get me started on how chilled out/relaxed/friendly he is. He loves everyone, horses and people alike. He makes me heart burst every single day!

Attachments

• DB2B315B-99A3-4DA4-A6E1-2E5C0B5B3376.jpeg
    DB2B315B-99A3-4DA4-A6E1-2E5C0B5B3376.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 3

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
Me! I’ve had a fair few ponies in my time but this one is perfect, everything I’ve ever wanted and more. He’s so kind and genuine, just a really lovely character. I’ve had him since he was five (now 7) and I will never part with him, he’s my best friend. My heart melts just thinking about him, he’s the best! I can’t imagine getting another when I lose him, nothing could possibly compare.
A bit mushy, but am I the only one that just loves their horse? My mare and I have been together for a year now. She is as quirky as they come, but I really believe she loves me. We just 'get' each other. She knows just how to push my buttons, she and I have gone from 'what was I thinking' after buying her to being amazed at how she knows just what I am looking for. She pats me down to find her treats, knickers for all the world to hear when she sees me, even when I have just nipped into the tack room to fetch something. She puts on her 'not amused' face when she sees me with a saddle coming towards her, but forgives all when I drop the reins as our 'sign' work has stopped. Arrgghhhh, I love my mare...

Awwwww jees, i love my boy! We had a struggled start, he took a while to settle in, he was a successful racehorse and wasnt used to the love and attention i was giving. Now we are inseparable! Ive taught him to smile, to bow down , to say please, he is not an easy ride by any means but Id never part with him... ever ever ever. 4 years now and even if i could never ride him I would never part with him 🥰🥰🥰

Annagain

Visit site
Looking for a new one and failing miserably so far makes me love my two all the more. I just wish I could clone them - or even better take each of their best bits to make the perfect horse. Archie's best bits (rock solid in traffic, fun and forward out hacking without being silly, gets on with every horse he ever meets) are M's least good bits (he can be a bit slow and boring to hack and doesn't like big things coming towards him, although just freezes and shakes, he doesn't do anything and is anti-social as hell with other horses) and M's best bits (utterly reliable, calm and gentle) are what Archie lacks. The two things you cannot do on the ground with M (worm and pull his mane) are pretty much the only two things you can do with A without a huge fuss!

But I love them both just as they are. Arch hasn't had the luckiest hand dealt to him in life bless him but he soldiers on and is always so pleased to see me and have a cwtch. Mont isn't an affectionate horse at all but is so kind and gentle, nobody has ever fallen off him in the 18 years we've known him, just fallen over with the big clumsy oaf! He's now showing his owner's 12 yr old son the eventing ropes and loving his second career as the world's biggest pony club pony at 23 years old!

So far not one horse I've sat one has come close to either of them. Archie's never been the easiest to ride but I find myself longing for one like him!

4faults

Visit site
I have 7 and I adore each and every one of them for different and individual reasons but my two ridden ones have a total hold on my heart. My mare because I have done everything with her, from a feral unkempt 2 year old in the field and I trust her with my life and I think she trusts me too.
My gelding because he’s such a goofy idiot and no one else would put up with his rubbish 😂

Kat

Visit site
Oh gosh yes! I fact I can't quite believe how much I love her, and miss her if I don't see her!

Of course it helps that she's so bloody perfect!!! And pretty too! It took ages to find a suitable horse when I was horse shopping, I nearly gave up so many time but she was worth the wait many times over.

She's bold and clever, bossy as hell, and very very talkative. I love the way she chats away to me when she's in her stable from her big demanding "where the hell have you been?!" neigh to the cute little wuffles and nickers. I love the way she rests her head on my shoulder, the way she grooms me back, and her cute "please can I have a treat" face.

I don't love the way she plays deaf when I call her in the field but I do love the way she acts all surprised to see me once I've hiked up the hill to get her.

God I could go on all day, she is basically a dream come true for a pony mad but ponyless little girl who finally grew up enough to buy her own horse.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Mine frequently drives me crackers with his general angst about the world, clippers, his legs, anything new, scary things that no-one else in the world can see, over-reaction to a pigeon farting nearby etc etc etc but I do love his very bones and if I don't see him twice a day, I'm lost.

He was a very lost boy when I bought him, ripped my coats, jumped out of stables, stood on his hind legs, but as soon as he had a lightbulb moment that I was now his, it was like a switch went. He never fails to come to the gate to meet me - in fact I'd probably call the vet if he didn't come - and he likes a cuddle, curving his neck around me or putting his face against mine. It's nearly seven years now and we still have a lot of progress to make, particularly in me trusting him more when I'm riding, and I don't think he will ever learn to love clippers but he's special!

And I sort of like the fact that he's not perfect, with his sarcoid face and scabby legs and fat belly and weird way of standing, because I'm not either!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I especially love mine as she has started to visit an old person's complex where mum lives now.

The mare is happy there even when travelling alone, offloading onto the car park, having mobility scooters come up from behind, walking wheels coming from in front, people running at her as they were excited to see a horse (staff that is!) and loads of people feeding her.

The first time we went, I took a friend and was so cautious it was untrue, friend stopping traffic, having a bridle on, keeping people a bit back until she settled...but she was a natural. Today I just swung by on my own, unloaded, closed the box, did the meet and greet, opened up, boxed up and all was super fine, even in just a halter. I guess it will have helped that we had hired a farm ride this morning, so she was very mellow.

I have cut the people out, but this is her, begging for more apples! Very gentle and calm.Finn.jpg

Last edited:

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
That's lovely Red-1 and I am sure really good for the old folk!

It is a fairly rural area, so I guess it should not be such a surprise that many people have had contact with horses in the past. Others had never touched one before, and were dead proud that they fed the horse.

I did, of course, consult the management before going, they were very enthusiastic, and even put photos of the first visit on their web site.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I especially love mine as she has started to visit an old person's complex where mum lives now.

The mare is happy there even when travelling alone, offloading onto the car park, having mobility scooters come up from behind, walking wheels coming from in front, people running at her as they were excited to see a horse (staff that is!) and loads of people feeding her.

The first time we went, I took a friend and was so cautious it was untrue, friend stopping traffic, having a bridle on, keeping people a bit back until she settled...but she was a natural. Today I just swung by on my own, unloaded, closed the box, did the meet and greet, opened up, boxed up and all was super fine, even in just a halter. I guess it will have helped that we had hired a farm ride this morning, so she was very mellow.

I have cut the people out, but this is her, begging for more apples! Very gentle and calm.View attachment 35255

She is soooo pretty 😍