Double Bridle Dark Brown help

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I am thinking of upgrading my Double Bridle. Unlike most dressage people I have dark brown tack - lots only seem to come in black!!
My saddle is an old Devoucoux and traditional Havana/ dark Havana.
I like the Kate Negus bridles but their colour is described as chestnut and am wondering if this would be too light. Also wondering how dark the Amerigo brown is.
My horse is black so I don't want anything too bright - I really want something in a pretty dark brown - any suggestions?

meardsall_millie

Visit site
It is difficult as many of the brown bridles are more of a red-brown. Fine for my chestnut but can understand why you want dark brown on a black horse.

If the Amerigo is the same colour as the Equipe (which I would guess they are) then they are definitely red-brown as I have one.

The other option might be Evison Equine. I have a brown bridle with a drop noseband from them and it's much darker. They do doubles but the quality isn't as good as some others.

What about Albion or Jeffries? They tend to be more traditional?

Gamebird

Visit site
I have a brown Kate Negus snaffle which is gorgeous and not too red, but then it's not dark brown either - have a look at my FB pics, it's the only snaffle that F has.

I also have a brown Evison double. The quality isn't amazing, but it's OK and it's a very smart bridle. Again, pics of F in a double on my FB. There's loads.

As far as I know all the Amerigo bridles have buckles on the outside of the cheekpieces, which I hate. It's bad enough on a snaffle but looks horribly cluttered on a double. My opinion ;)

Some friends have brown Wolds Equine bridles and are pleased with them. I have also had Albion snaffles and they would suit you I think.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Thank you. I will look at Albion and Jeffries next I think. I should have stuck to black tack but I just much prefer traditional dark brown and I am not changing my saddle any time soon!!!

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I was looking at a picture on their site on a dark skewbald/ piebald which looked rather browner than I am looking for - I could ask for a sample though to be sure

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I have a brown Kate Negus snaffle which is gorgeous and not too red, but then it's not dark brown either - have a look at my FB pics, it's the only snaffle that F has.

I also have a brown Evison double. The quality isn't amazing, but it's OK and it's a very smart bridle. Again, pics of F in a double on my FB. There's loads.

As far as I know all the Amerigo bridles have buckles on the outside of the cheekpieces, which I hate. It's bad enough on a snaffle but looks horribly cluttered on a double. My opinion ;)

Some friends have brown Wolds Equine bridles and are pleased with them. I have also had Albion snaffles and they would suit you I think.

Oh it does look darker in your pics and I have heard they are amazing quality. Yes I am not keen on buckles outside which is why I like you can choose on the KN ones!! I have emailed Wolds - they say they don't do brown bridles at the moment