Dougal's first BE event - Milton Keynes

H-J

www.piczo.com
Today was Dougals first BE Intro (well 1st ODE actually
blush.gif
grin.gif
)

Wasnt on till the afternoon so left about 11am, too 3 1/2 hrs to get there instead of just over 2 due to major traffic on the M25 and M1
frown.gif
anyway managed to get there in enough time to walk SJ course and half of the XC, was a bit
crazy.gif
as definitely the biggest question he has been asked yet.

Wondered over to the dressage and didnt warm up too much so as not to use too much petrol, he did some nice trot work but the canter is still a bit hit and miss, was expecting about 48 TBH so was really pleased with 43. Not to bad for his 2nd dressage test and for an exracer who has only been in 'normal' work for about 3 mths!

Walked the rest of the XC course and was still a bit
crazy.gif
there was quite a large upright double at 9 and a corner at 10 then quite a few combination at the end.

Onto the SJing - again a big ask for him, he is only just jumping this big at home, he warmed up really well and grown up but got a bit shell shocked in the ring, he sat on number 1! just trahed it, then tapped number 2 but then got his act together and jumped great, including an up to height oxer and triple bar, then just tapped the last upright o 12 faults, was chuffed
smile.gif

Now the XC, again warmed up great and really grown up, jogged over to the start box, then 5,4,3,2,1 go we were off! Gave him a tap to no 1 just as a reminder, then he didnt need that again!!! He was AWESOME!
laugh.gif
didnt touch a thing, didnt tire, he was dead straight to everything. Had a couple of break issues
blush.gif
wen I let him have a gallop but got him back in time, he had a good look at the water but still went and then galloped up the hill to home, was 15 seconds over the OT so got 6time pens but clear - woop woop! Not bad at all i was so so happy with him. I couldnt have asked more from him at all and am now sooo looking forward to Firle next week. Kind of makes up a bit for not eventing/riding Dext.

I have some piccies I can put on here on Tues
smile.gif
sorry for the rambling am just super proud of my huge baby ex racer!!
smile.gif
laugh.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
How Fantastic is that!!!! Clever Dougal!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Really well done!! Will look forward to meeting him at Firle!
grin.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks everyone - I am sooo proud of him
smile.gif

Hopefully Hatts can teach him how to 'do' dressage!!
grin.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
Fab result, he sounds like he's going to be a lot of fun!

How's Dexter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he will be
smile.gif

Dexter is looking better then expected, he is now sound in walk so im hoping I can start riding him in walk this week, we'll see!!