DR bit confusion... one legal, one not legal?

MadisonBelle

Visit site
It looks to me like the first one is just curved whereas it says the second one has a port but it's hard to see from the camera angle.

Supanova

Visit site
The happy tongue does have a small port, whereas i think the informed design is just curved. I have recently put my horse in the happy tongue and she goes so much better in it, so i really need to find a similar alternative which is dressage legal.

wench

Visit site
That's interesting. After trial and error (and having to purchase new bits not already in my extensive collection) my horse was best in a Sprenger dynamic rs. Wasnt spending that amount of money on a new bit, so bought the Cotswold sport tounge saver, which did exactly the same thing, for a lot less money ;)

However tried my horse in a Myler low port full cheek snaffle on Saturday for jumping, and she was better than the tounge saver.

I may try the informed designs bit next to see what she's like in that one. Unfortunatly think going to have to send the Myler back to the bit bank, as I don't really have £80 to spend on a new bit, that probably won't get used an awful lot :(