Dr Cooks bitless bridle.

sare_bear

Visit site
Has anyone used one?

I have a horse who has taken to napping, spinning and tanking off towards home. In the process of gaining control and riding through the napping, I have split his mouth. I was looking on their site and it says a 30 day guarantee. Has anyone sent them back and got a refund if it hasn't worked/ suited there horse?

Is it likely to be strong enough? He is only in a snaffle as mostly a dobbin but when he spins and runs through the bit he is quite strong but not uncontrollable. Is it better than a hackamore when it comes to control and steering?

Any experiences please as very expensive.

Thanks in advance.

potty_4_piebalds

Visit site
A friend of mine uses a bitless bridle but im not sure if its the Dr cooks one but its not a hachamore.

She loves it and has got a very strong ride/drive cob he used to tank off all the time but never has in his bitless bridle.

Does the Dr cooks bridle cross over under the chin? if it does its the bridle my friend uses.

D

Donkeymad

I have one and I know a number of other people with them. We have all found them excellent. Some have overcome things like headshaking and other problems. All of us have had complete control and happy equines. One had a very stong puller, and this stopped.
As with everything though, they are not for every horse or rider.

sare_bear

Visit site
Sounds worth a try. Does anyone have the webbing one? Does it rub? Trying to save on my already empty pocket!
P4P - it is the one that crosses under the jaw. Do you still have steering?

Thanks

hairymolly

Visit site
My welsh D rides in one, its what she was ridden in when I bought her and although I have bitted her for dressage/showing she still hacks out in her bitless. She is fab in it, I have never had any probs with her in it. I actually really enjoy riding in it not sure why but it just makes me happy!!!

potty_4_piebalds

Visit site
I guess she still has steering she rides and long reins with it. she said when she first got it she done a lot of long reining with it before she rode her boy with it but that was just her getting her head round not having a bit. spec is a lot happier without a bit than he was with his bitted bridle

bitlessbill

Visit site
I use one for hacking / jumping and am happy to do anything, go anywhere in it. I have the beta version which is cheaper than the leather and I think is more hardwearing.