Drat this rain rot!

M'n'M

Visit site
My horse has rain rot on her back legs and I can't get rid of it for the life of me! I've washed her with Head&Shoulders which helped for a couple days but it keeps coming back. I also spray it everyday with Eqyss Fungal stuff. Any suggestions?

M'n'M

Visit site
I guess. We call it rain rot here. Like a fungus that makes them kind of crusty and the hair fall out and eventually they can get scabby (I guess that's how to describe it...)

samerlin

Visit site
can you get NEEM oil and mix it with something like sudo cream then apply or have you tried pig oil and sulphur.

teddyt

Visit site
Do you have antibacterial scrubs? Then let the air in. You may need the vet to do a scrape to see if it is fungal or bacterial though, then you can choose the most appropriate treatment.

Tnavas

Visit site
Are you able to get Nizerol or Sebisol in US - It's a human anti dandruff shampoo that contains Ketaconisol - it's brillient. Head & Shoulders is not strong enough to deal with it.

Dilute shampoo in hand hot water and lather up well, work well in to affected area and also well beyond it too. A face cloth does a good job, being slightly rough it will gently remove scabs that want to come off. Leave the mix on the affected skin and allow to dry. Usually find its all cleared up within a few days.

I gave my Clydie a wash in some on Monday and her patch of mudfever has completely gone. Sunday. Only washed the once.

M'n'M

Visit site
Thanks for all your advice! I will certainly look for all this stuff and see if it works!! :)