Draycott house be100

ollierdog

Visit site
Hey guys anyone been to draycott house? Have entered the be100 on Saturday having never been before( will be horses 2nd be100) and just wondering if anyone had any info on the layout? Xc? Sj?ect any info much appreciated thanks:)

kerilli

Visit site
i think the guide in Eventing magazine will be your best bet. we had a short Pre Event Report for EventRidersAssociation recently (it's on our website at EventRidersAssociation.org) from the Draycott Organisers but it didn't say much, and we didn't get any feedback about it last year, sorry, can't be of any help really.
Good luck there, hope you have a good run.

walker1234

Visit site
Dressage set away from the XC and the SJ all on good flat land. Lorry park next to SJ. XC is on undulating land but good pasture ground theres quite a downhill uneven gallop with a sharp turn into a small wooded area, maybe this is where people lose time, I don't really know tbh. Theres some twisting but alot of gallop stretches. Alot find it hard to get the time there. 2 water complexes, 3 sets of steps (or at least a step up or down) and a ditch. They dress a couple of the fences and a couple are laid with flower beds on top too. Very pretty course IMHO.

Hope that helps?

walker1234

Visit site
Oh and really nice food last time - not the usual burger vans, they were doing proper meals and salads etc.

Very important!

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Ditto everything that walker1234 said. The time is always tight there. Course is nice, we did it as our first be100 and had no issues. XC warm up is beyond ridiculous though, my school at home is bigger.
However I went to the Draycott 1 and the organisation was horrendous. I won't be in a hurry to return, unless I hear they've got their act together, which is a shame as I live so close and it is a nice venue.

ollierdog

Visit site
Thanks guys for all the above info, hopefully the rain will go away before next weekend and we may even get some pics- which may mean a report!!