Dream mares.........

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
We've had dream stallions, what breeding and/or performace would you want in your dream mare and any in particular you'd love to have.

Indeed ins it necessary for a mare to have a record or does pedigree count most, or how good a foal she produces?

My dream mare would be: Oportunity B if she produced foals as good as my Dallas mare, I'd love to have her as a broodmare, she's brave and talented with a good pedigree. There's probably others that compete but can't think of any atm, other than that I'd go for broodmares with excellent jumping pedigrees that haven't competed but produce good, strong foals.

brackenhappy

Visit site
well my dream mare is the one i've got!!
grin.gif
ok she has no paper/pedigree that i know of
blush.gif
but she can jump! she can be a grumpy cow with strange people but she is the best mum that i have come across!!
grin.gif
her foal was lovely with a lovely temprement and had loads of potential as a jumper! (escaped into farmers fields more than once jumping a fence and it wasnt a little fence!!!) she also oozed class!! (ok so i'm biased!!
tongue.gif
) other than that i wouldnt know who out there that i would want!!
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
I have mine.....however she is going to be retired from being a broodmare once she has foaled this time. She has a lovely pedigree, the most beautiful nature of any mare, a fantastic mind on her and all in all, she is just a delight to have around.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I've got to admit I own my dream mare. Well bred KWPN lines, good temmperment, well put together although you put her to a more substantial stallion so any offspring has a bit more bone and an excellent competition record at BSJA and BE.

Always been a comfort that if she gets a serious injury she would have a second career.

htobago

Visit site
Nice thread! There is too much focus on stallions usually, I think - nice to talk about dream mares for a change!
smile.gif

Golly - there are lots I would like. Several Arab mares, but especially my boy's mum Teeba, a stunning girl who was virtually unbeaten in the in-hand show ring a few years ago, winning championships at all the big Arab shows, and always got 20s for her movement. This is Teeba:

Teebatrotting.jpg

She's my idea of the perfect Arab mare. And her pedigree has the very best of Russian and English lines. Her sire was British National Supreme Champion in-hand, and a Classic-winning racehorse; her dam was possibly the best Arab broodmare ever - all of her many offspring were champions. And this quality just goes back through the generations - I can't find a 'flaw' in her pedigree. (In answer to your question, for a broodmare I think pedigree is very important!)

Among non-Arabs I would love Blue Hors Matinee!!!

Or pretty much any mare from Opie's stud - they are all superb...

Horsegroupie seems to have some really nice mares as well...

In fact, there are rather a lot of gorgeous mares on here!
smile.gif

ClaireT

Visit site
I would love Portofino or Ara, and I also had a big softspot for Cloudy Night before she died. I'm lucky to own my dream mare - she's an Irish GradeA with good bloodlines, bold as a lion, and luckily sound as a bell!
grin.gif

DSC012971-3.jpg

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Navelgem I have a mare who is 75% bred to Opportunity B............her name is Octavia B, she has bred many good foals for us, also our lovely Caliana whose pictures you can find on the Picture Gallery.......

Who would I like to own, well as mentioned Blue Hors Matinee, or Glady S (ridden by Ludger) or the lovely talented mare of Imke Schellekens......Sunrise.......

Or the ultimate breeding mare, Sandro Hit's dam, who has also bred Diamond Hit and Royal Hit!!!
cool.gif
OR Shutterfly's dam, who has just won the prestigious award of "Hannoverian Mare Of The Year".............
cool.gif
grin.gif

SO, if anyone out there wins the lottery, that is my wish list...............LOL
grin.gif

glenruby

Visit site
Id love Billy Twomey's ride Anastasia or my old 14.2hh sj pony for showjumping.
Id like a Prospect Pride mare for breeding showjumpers both pure ID and part-bred.
Id love Virginia Waters or Legend Maker in terms of flat racing TBs (in my dreams!). Legend Maker is dam of Chevalier, Virginia Waters and Alexander of Hales-some mare! I guess obviously Mariah's Storm would be unbelievable but her 2006 filly (full sister to Giant's causeway and Youresothrilling) MORE than suffice!
As unproven mares go - Id love to have a filly I prepped last year - by Giant's Causway out of Shootforthestars - lovely temperment, smashing conformation, pedigree and movement, and a spunky personality to boot - my perfect mare!
National Hunt - Id love Fethard Lady or Solerina or Asian Maze (even though Im not hot on her conformation).

severnmiles

Visit site
Teeba is lovely! Saw some cracking mares today too.

"Among non-Arabs I would love Blue Hors Matine!!!"

I fell in love with her when watching a test a year or two ago! WOW!

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Ask and you will receive:

This is B'Royal (yearling colt out of Octavia B by our deceased stallion Royal Geneve). He is FS..................
wink.gif

Cheeky17.jpg

Cheeky6.jpg

Then we have this years filly foal, MFS Caliana (also FS
wink.gif
smile.gif
)

Caliana_head2.jpg

Caliana13.jpg

Caliana2-1.jpg

Then we have Vinnie Jones, who would now be a 5 year old and is down in Kent, the picture below was him two years ago:

vinnieadvert2.jpg

Then in the last one is a picture of Caly and her mum Octavia B:

Caliana16.jpg

And last but not least, some pictures of Octavia B and her sire, Jurius jumping.

Octavia.jpg

We purchased Octavia B as a two year old after seeing her loose jump, which was phenomenal
cool.gif
. We then tried breeding her with our stallion then, Royal Geneve. The scans and bloods both came back as negative, so we decided to put her into sport. She jumped that winter up to 1.20m and we had sold her to the USA. However, she then came home after sustaining an injury and it was at that point we realised that she was IN FOAL! We got the vet to do an internal and "yes" she was indeed in foal. By our dates she was a month off her foaling date, however, 3 days later she foaled and Vinnie was born!! It just goes to show the mares hardiness as she was jumped up to almost 2 weeks before foaling!! Obviously we then cancelled the sale to USA, although the lady said she was more than happy as she would have gotten two for the price of one!
grin.gif

Since then Octavia has been a breeding mare and gave us:
Vinnie Jones MF (sold to a lady in England)
Zilvia MF (sold to a lady in England)
MFS Aladdin (sold to a lady in Scotland)
MFS B'Royal (we still have but now FS)
MFS Caliana (we still have but FS)

And now Octavia B is back in foal to our own stallion MFS Vision for 2008........
cool.gif

laugh.gif

htobago

Visit site
Wow - please add Anastasia's mares to my dream-list! Octavia is awesome!

And did I mention Navalgem's Peaches? Very elegant mare.

Here is my Arab favourite Teeba again, standing still this time:

Teeba004.jpg

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I like PENHALIGON CARMEN By Cavalier Royale, ex of Parsons Lyric and because she is a proven brood mare PARSONS ABIGAIL (BWBS Select Graded) Sire – ATLANTUS Dam:- WUNSCH/WAIDMANSHEIL. I also like Troys dam & I have seen some nice mares on here. I like my own mare, just wish I knew her breeding!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I wouldn't swap my little girls for the world, but my dream mare would have to be Blue Hors Matinee, she is just phenomenal!!