Dress code for prelim dressage

texansunrise

Visit site
Please can some one advise me ! I am wearing my twwed jacket for my first prelim dressage test this weekend.. should i wear a shirt and tie or a coloured stock?

Also what type of numnah would you use.. i have a bartl numnah i use for hunting .. would this be ok or does it need to be a sqaure pad .. just want to look as smart as possible - any advice tips greatly appreciated ! x x

Orangehorse

Visit site
I wear a shirt and tie with tweed, but it doesn't matter that much. The rule is "gloves" but doesn't have to be white.

I once asked someone if a white saddlepad was in the rules for turnout, but they just laughed and said it was the fashion.

texansunrise

Visit site
thanks for your replies..my numnah is black with bit of sheepkin at the back and around the pommel..thought it may suit the tweed better ,,i feel a bit uncomfortable going for black and white as i am just starting out !
Also with tweed, cream/brown gloves , yellow breeches black boots.. should i wear a brown velvet or black ? sorry dont mean to sound petty or vain - i just dont have a clue as i am new to competing and the dress codes seem to give me a headache !! x x

eggs

Visit site
I wear a black hat with my tweed jacket with a collar and dark tie. With my navy jacket I wear a navy hat and stock.

Numnahs are not compulsory and the colour is not that important. The main aim is to present a neat, workmanlike combination. Hair in a net, number must be displayed, pale gloves. It is not a requirement but it is preferable to plait your horse.

No boots/bandages for the test but you can warm up with them. No bit guards allowed.

Good luck, hope you enjoy yourself.

Cyberchick

Visit site
I know you don't have to but even though it is lower level prelim dressage it does annoy me when people don't make an effort. 1, it is dressage and 2, it is respect.

I personally would make sure my horse is clean, smart and plaited. Plain saddle pad or numnah but I do prefer white. With Tweed, nice beige breeches, stock shirt and stock. Brown, black or white gloves look good. I prefer Navy hat with tweed but I would say it depends on what colour tweed you have.

Cyberchick

Visit site
True but for now at prelim I would have thought as long as they are smart it might be better to get away with wearing a darker colour rather than 'pale' or white unless you are super confident in your hands.
Are you allowed to wear a shirt and tie under BD rules?