Dressage basics

Sandstone1

Visit site
I've never done any dressage before but having a young horse now I'd really like to do a very basic dressage test.
What is the most basic test possible and where do I find it? I would really like to do a dressage to music one day but need to start with something really basic.
Any tips or info please.

Charlie007

Visit site
The most basic tests are the intro walk and trot tests. You can get them downloaded from dressage diagrams. If you are confident cantering then the lower prelim tests are good. The only tip I can give you is just enjoy. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Please let us know how you get on. Good luck !! X

Denbob

Visit site
Personally I'm a fan of the Intro B test which you can find online, it's not too twisty/turny but still a fair bit to think about and a really good start, or at least I found it fairly straightfoward for my first ever test on my 4yo! Best of luck!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
If you want the most basic, Intro B is around 2 1/2 minutes, Intro A and C around 4 mins or so. I started with B and was glad I did (neither me nor my horse are young but we are both inexperienced). Good luck!

Cowpony

Visit site
If you do a Google search of the test you are thinking of doing you will find video clips of people doing them. I find watching them helps me to learn the test, but you could also pick which test you want to do from checking them out.