Dressage boots for super wide calf ?

Muddywellies

Visit site
The Mountain Horse Sovereign boots fit me but they aren’t really what I want. I contacted Joshua Jones but they don’t have anything off the peg for a wider calf - they said I would need to have bespoke but I just don’t really have bespoke pennies at the moment. I need about 42 - 44 cm calf with a small elasticated panel as I tend to yo-yo diet. Any suggestions for a very stylish pair of dressage boots with a wider fit?

ceva

Visit site
Hi, I have some sarm hippique they are brilliant and do a good SW which fit brilliantly, all the measurements are there AYR equestrian used to market them. they are also advertised quite a lot on EBAY at a good price, mine cost £400 new, but well worth it I have had them for 10years now.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Short boots and chaps? Always worked for me. I did have mens’ Ariats at one point which were a fab fit but bloody massive, not stunning for close contact.

Equi

Visit site
Fuller fillies will fit, but you must only ever get their leather ones and be sure to order them in your foot size but i would say be careful calf size wise...my calf was 18" and the boot i got was to 18" but the zip kept coming down on my fatter calf..i sold them as i thought they felt too short after they settled and bought a longer pair but i didnt realise they were the pleather one and it failed massively. I loved my leather ones and regret selling them now cause i lost weight but if i ever have spare cash i wouldn't hesitate to buy a leather FF pair again.

Price wise they are decent. Re last post...£360 for boots?!!!!

Shooting Star

Visit site
Fuller fillies will fit, but you must only ever get their leather ones and be sure to order them in your foot size but i would say be careful calf size wise...my calf was 18" and the boot i got was to 18" but the zip kept coming down on my fatter calf..i sold them as i thought they felt too short after they settled and bought a longer pair but i didnt realise they were the pleather one and it failed massively. I loved my leather ones and regret selling them now cause i lost weight but if i ever have spare cash i wouldn't hesitate to buy a leather FF pair again.

Price wise they are decent. Re last post...£360 for boots?!!!!

FF parent company went into liquidation so only dregs of old stock available I believe although not sure if they did dressage boots or just regular long boots.

Yes the price of the tuffa ones is much more than their normal boots, not sure why but in the same £ range as many Joshua Jones boots that the OP mentioned so may be in budget.

Equi

Visit site
FF parent company went into liquidation so only dregs of old stock available I believe although not sure if they did dressage boots or just regular long boots.

Yes the price of the tuffa ones is much more than their normal boots, not sure why but in the same £ range as many Joshua Jones boots that the OP mentioned so may be in budget.

I didn't know there was a difference tbh lol

If thats the case i would maybe just not bother with FF. I have worn my pleathr ones about four times. I don't show so i don't need them but refuse to sell them "just in case" despite the fact they cracked at the toe and FF were less than helpful about it...

Bernster

Visit site
Equitector do a good range of sizes but not cheaper at £255. Mine have lasted forever so hadn’t realised the price had gone up so much.

eahotson

Visit site

I am sorry Fuller Fillies have gone down.They did do some lovely leather boots and also good riding jackets that didn't just fit but were well cut and very flattering.

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I have a 49cm heel to back of knee measurement and wide calves (too thick and long for any normal boots off the peg anywhere) and I had to go made to measure with Deniro - £554 :(

Literally nothing out there was both tall enough and wide enough for me as I'd be trying to pull zips up over the wrong part of my legs.

Muddywellies

Visit site
Thank you all. I might have to go down the bespoke route then as I need something really super smart as we compete BD. So I’ll stop eating to save for my bespoke boots, lose 2 stone, then be able to get in Joshua Jones boots after all !

BOWS28

Visit site
Thank you all. I might have to go down the bespoke route then as I need something really super smart as we compete BD. So I’ll stop eating to save for my bespoke boots, lose 2 stone, then be able to get in Joshua Jones boots after all !

I also compete BD and have never had an issue with short boots and chaps. Someone actually commented last weekend how smart they were and you could hardly notice that they weren't long boots. I guess its all down to personal preference.

flying_high

Visit site
I'm 42cm calf, have 3 pairs of long boots and none were expensive. I compete BD. Two pairs are broginis, and third are second hand konigs.

marmalade88

Visit site
I recently got some lovely Just Chaps leather gaiters and they look great with my smart paddock boots. Not long boots as you asked for I know but I have struggles with chaps for years and these are super comfy and I've worn them twice.

Surbie

Visit site
I've got some Mark Todd winter riding boots with a 45cm calf, which gives room to spare. Am a bit scuppered for summer riding boots other than short boots and chaps, so keeping an eye for the cheaper recommendations.

Redders

Visit site
I just bought a pair of leather boots I liked and sent them off to be stretched, I can’t temember the company but I found them via google. Free postage and £20.

Batgirl

Visit site
I also compete BD and have never had an issue with short boots and chaps. Someone actually commented last weekend how smart they were and you could hardly notice that they weren't long boots. I guess its all down to personal preference.

Ditto, I competed up to BD Med in short boots and lovely smart Tredstep gaiters, had several comments
https://www.tallyhofarm.co.uk/tredstep-pro-gaiter/p2191

I have the Brecklands from Tuffa but wouldn't wear them for dressage as the zip is down the side, they are my everyday boots and fit beautifully though.

{97702}

Visit site

I must admit I refused to ever compete in short boots and chaps - my bad! - irrationally I hated the idea. As I mentioned before, I got a pair of Broginis - Ostuni I think the model is - they at least looked like ordinary boots rather than the Mountain Horse/Tuffa/Equitector ones which always looked very chunky to me

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Try Tredstep and Equitector, both go up to 18 inches and maybe bigger since the last time I checked.
Avoid fuller fillies, cheap Indian leather and there must be a reason they've gone bust.

Edited to add fuller fillies are now becoming Plus In Boots and the new designs look awful and clunky 🙈

eahotson

Visit site
Try Tredstep and Equitector, both go up to 18 inches and maybe bigger since the last time I checked.
Avoid fuller fillies, cheap Indian leather and there must be a reason they've gone bust.

Edited to add fuller fillies are now becoming Plus In Boots and the new designs look awful and clunky 🙈
I have a pair of fuller fillies which fit like a glove from day 1 and have lasted at least four years.Can't remember when I bought them.

Carrottom

Visit site
I wear short boots and gaiters, much cheaper to replace the boots when they wear out because I'm not good at looking after them:(