Dressage Day 2 - surprises in store?

Trolley Hunter Type

Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/schedule-results/equestrian/20120803

The above link will take you to the results, the schedule, the live feed and the catchup.

You can live pause too so if you are watching and need to nip out, pause it and resume when you get back.

Hi by the way, anyone mind if I join in this thread? I know pretty much zero about dressage, especially at this level but know when something looks good, or a rider id harsh or a horse is unhappy.

Suziq77

Visit site
Goddamnit I wont be able to watch Charlotte, as have to go out. Will I be able to watch online / later? No surprises in store, surely Gold Silver for Team GB x

Do you have an i-phone? If so there is a free app that lets you watch and it actually works without hassle!

Or if not then yes, the i-player feed will be available later :)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Just clicked on the video, and wow - that was a bit spooky.

Music is my future (and it will be my past), John Miles, was on the radio, (the last 2 mins). The music fitted perfectly with the first part of the test - and the horse was completely in time with it.

Sorry, totally random - but made the test even more beautiful, and I welled up.

Andiamo

Visit site
Edward doesn't even touch this horse with his feet / calves... even piaffe and passage.... no leg at all!

Andiamo

Visit site
I was just thinking that, his legs are awful.

????

Edward is purposely keeping his legs off, as the horse is very hot, and obviously must not be able to cope with having legs on him. Edward has ridden this inexperienced horse very sympathetically, and strategically. Absolutely this pair is one to watch for the future, the horse is amazing, and Edward is an incredible rider.

Dab

Visit site
I wasn't as impressed as the commentary team... He looked to be steering it around with his hands and struggling to maintain control, to me! Fab piaffe, though.

^^^ this.

He looked as though he rather a lot of weight in the kurb rein. And was it just me but i didnt think he tracked up in the extended trot....just very flashy in front?

Jo_x

Visit site
I know nothing about dressage at this level, but I was in awe of how still his legs were and to be able to ride piaffe and passage purely from seat I thought was pretty impressive.

But as I say, I know nothing, and am happy to be corrected!