Dressage Day 2 - surprises in store?

Andiamo

Visit site
Poor Danish rider, she's trying hard not to cry. There is so much pressure at this point...she did a great test, but a small mistake cost her a bit.

Trolley Hunter Type

Visit site
I think the Portuguese rider is the first I have seen riding in a proper riding hat and the first I have seen dismount as soon as he was at the vet. Nice to see.

Mondy

Visit site
If someone can explain to me why the Portuguese horse and rider were marked relatively low, I'd love to know, genuinely.

Because he doesn't train with Rollkur. That is mandatory for success nowadays. :-/

I agree - beautiful, correct, expressive ride.

Trolley Hunter Type

Visit site
Can somebody explain how this works please :eek:

Ok so I get each nation has 4 riders competing individually.
I get that 3 of those 4 are competing as a team.
I understand that each individuals score is their placings.
I think that each teams average of the 3 scores is thier placings.

Ok so now what are the "Q"s under the top 10s names? Qualified for the Grand prix special? Is it just the top 10 that go through to that? Is that a separate medal as well as the grand prix?

Then who goes through to the grand prix freestyle? Is that the Kur? To their own music?

Sorry I am clueless to dressage, I just realised when I tried to explain to my partner he knew as much as me which is very little. :eek:

Mlini

Visit site
I didn't really understand but found this on the london 2012 website...

Competition format

After the first phase, the Grand Prix, the best seven teams (including any teams tied for seventh place) and the best 11 individuals (including any tied for 11th place) who are not already qualified as team members, progress to the next phase, the Grand Prix Special.

The Team event medals are decided by the total of the scores in the Grand Prix and the Grand Prix Special.

After the Grand Prix Special, the best 18 individuals (including any tied for 18th place) go through to the Grand Prix Freestyle. Riders are selected to go through on the basis of their performance in the Grand Prix Special only.

Performance in the Grand Prix Freestyle determines the medals in the Individual event.

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
Patricks horse just went into Rollkur instead of reinback and the commentator said it was confused because he was playing with his half outside the ring...