Dressage divas - some advice please

peanutpussycat

Visit site
Hiya, I have just started dressage with my new horse and he did pretty well last week at a show. won prelim 7s and 4th in prelim 17sq. I know he has qualified for the petplan regionals - whats the standard like there and also has he won points here at prelim and also is he half qualified for the regionals (big nationals one). Help pleeeaaaaase. All confusing to me! oh, ps he was 67.5 in the sq test.

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
Hi

You will do well at PetPlan competitions if you have already scored that score. With Petplan the standard is pretty even really, you do get some very smart horses but all the riders are amateurs so you know they have worked hard to be there too. I don't think you will phased by it at all...have fun.

You wouldn't have got points for prelims and to qualify for petplan competitions you have to have some score sheets (3 i think)with the required scores to enter and that is it!
smile.gif

Dutch

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
No you can only do one regional if you mean the regionals that qualify for the summer Nationals. For the PetPlan area festivals you can do as many as your scores sheets allow considering how many you need for one class! They always have warm up classes too though!

Tempi

Visit site
You cant do the petplan prelims AND the petplan regionals - you have to do one or the other (if you qualify for the regionals that is). Like Finn said you need to either win two or come 2nd in two summer qualifers to qualify for the prelim regionals.

To qualify for the petplans its just two scores at an affliated BD event over 60%.

You dont get points at prelim level.