Dressage Girth Sizes ...Help....

smallgirl

Visit site
HI

Can you help me please.

I have bought my first dressage saddle, an Ideal sort 17inch and need to buy a girth for it, the saddler leant me a 22inch one.

I haven't fitted a dressage girth before and have no idea how to, he is a 15hh PBA gelding, what size would you guys suggest? A saddlery I rang suggested 22inch was too small for him.

Thanks, one confuzzled girl

H-J

www.piczo.com
Well try it on him

Put it on the first hole 1st of all on one side - and then try and do it up then make sure each side is even.

If it doesnt fit you know you need a bigger one! I think they go up in 2" intervals like normal girths.

Good luck
smile.gif

smallgirl

Visit site
Hi

THe 22inch fitted him, on about the 3rd or 4th holes each side, I wondered where abouts they are supposed to sit in relation to his side and my legs.

rema

Visit site
I needed a dressage girth and wasent sure what size i needed so i asked the lovely guys on here.And the genral rule was half your normal girth size!.So if you ride in a GP saddle with a 52 inch girth you would need a 26 inch dressage girth!.
grin.gif

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
It depends on your saddle you don't want the buckles to restrict or injure him near his elbow and you don't want it to pinch himby having buckle near to saddle.Just a happy medium,if that makes sense

smallgirl

Visit site
Thanks Rema thats exactly what i thought, the fountain of all knowledge this place is!

He has a 50'' normal girth so about 24/26'' dressage girth?

Think I will buy a 24'' one and try it today.