DRESSAGE HORSE PRICE HELP ( BUYING )

Taboo1968

Visit site
You have to remember the horse is for YOU not your helper/trainer.... only you can know what feels right or wrong and it'll take a few horses to find the one you really click with.....
Why not have a word with the Assoulines? tell them your budget and see what they can source for you!
I was very frank with them when I spoke to them last year, telling them that I wanted something that was forgiving, yet highly schooled and I ended up with Odie, who was worth every penny, exactly as described and who has taught me soooo much in the past 12 months....

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
We bought our first show horse from Michel Assouline about 12 years ago. They were so nice and really helpful. We just wanted a quality riding club all rounder and they were sponsored at the time by a friend of ours, otherwise I would never have even thought of asking them.

Bertie1

Visit site
People will try it on in the loveliest way!

I don't think you should overpay for a horse, even if he is everything you've always wanted, there's always another one.

I overpaid for a horse once because I got fed up of looking, and I really liked him. He is a lovely horse, and probably will be worth much more than I paid for him one day, if he ever stays sound - ha ha!!!

Just be careful, I could have bought a quality youngster with the money I've spent on vets fees!

to me, I would be put off by the windsucking too, and I would also be put off by the fact that he hasn't competed since 06 - that would set off alarm bells.

Also, bear in mind that true schoolmasters are very, very difficult to find, and fetch high prices. A lot of people put their horses up for sale as schoolmasters once they're reached a certain age/level of competing, but it doesn't mean they are a real schoolmaster - they could be very difficult to ride, nappy, badly behaved, dogged with lameness problems...

Daisychain

Visit site
I suppose buying a horse is like gambling really, if you cant afford to lose it then dont put it on in the first place! If you get my point..

pennyh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think you should overpay for a horse, even if he is everything you've always wanted, there's always another one.

I overpaid for a horse once because I got fed up of looking,

[/ QUOTE ]

i know what you mean , i bought the wrong horse a while ago as i was so fed up
crazy.gif

have spoken to the people & told them my thoughts , they have said they have noone else interested at the moment so i'm going to try & see some more & they will see how things go & bear in mind that i am interested if an agreeable price can be reached for all of us , not entirely convinced either way but trying not to let my heart rule my head!

thanks everyone for the good advice
smile.gif