Dressage/Hunt Cap

Aleka81

Visit site
Can anyone recommend any makes and where to get them?
I would obviously love a Patey but my budget will not allow it.
Any advice greatly appreciated guys!

Nic

Visit site
Think it's probably get what you pay for, the bow annoyed me more than the stitching
smirk.gif

How much are the charles Owen ones, I thought they were over £100

Aleka81

Visit site
Thats what I thought as well. I just don't have a £100 floating about the moment
frown.gif

Also need a new hat for x-country and maybe a seperate one for Showjumping.

Nic

Visit site
I do all 3 in my J3 skull, I honestly wouldn't worry about getting a hat for each yet.

I just want a beagler for prizegivings as my J3 is pretty bulky and stands out.

If you are getting a jocket skull I can't reccomend the J3 enough, it is pricey (but not if you get it as a b/day prezzie!)
very comfotable even on the hotest day as there is no nylon harness to rub your neck/chin.

Aleka81

Visit site
I have got a skull cap but after team chasing and the odd fall I think its time I replaced it. I find them really uncomfortable and all my hacking and jumping at home is done in a rather out of date skull cap
blush.gif

I'm not worried about one for Show Jumping at all. But I think a cap for dressage is so much nicer than a skull cap.

SillyMare

Visit site
My beagler is not very comfortable but I only use it for dressage and prize-givings.

Bought it on e-bay for about £70 hardly used. Think it is about half a size too small so I can only wear it for a little while before I get a headache.

Not worried about the stitching or the bow - nobody ever sees it all that closely (dressage judges sit in cars!).

machannah

Visit site
I got mine off ebay - payed a mere £20 for it as it was an older one. Again only use it for dressage and prize givings and is perfect for that

H

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Ive got a Charles Owen one and i am thrilled to bits with it, its not in the same league as the Patey hats i believe, but mine is nice and comfy and very smart. Once you get used to the lightness and feel of it you almost forget your wearing it!!

star

Visit site
i have a charles owen one and love it - only got to wear it twice before horse went lame, but that was at the winter semi's and the winter champs and i felt so much more the part wearing it. thinking of selling it now though - need to raise money for my horse's vets bills. guessing the Albion dressage saddle might as well go to
frown.gif

BBs

Visit site
Hi G

Im like SM and have a CO beagler - however, they arent very comfortable and are NOT essential for eventing.

My first season eventing used my velvet Showing hat for the SJ and dressage bit (flesh harness) and my Jockey Skull for xc.

Many ppl do their dressage in JS caps - professional ppl at that and they dont look untidy.

The only time a beagler is really necessary is at the prize givings.

I only really bought hte beagler because i wanted to do more affilated BD comps.

I have the J3 for xc now too but dont find it that comfortable
frown.gif
i have the CO Venture and i wear it for every day plus the SJ phase and love it
smile.gif
its not too bulky and very very comfortable.

I would either try and get a cheapy on Ebay or save your money for training and entry fees before splashing out for a new beagler.

Vx