Dressage in the rain :-(

_jetset_

Visit site
I have just got up and heard the weather... am I being a complete wimp by wondering whether to out competing today? I have two BD Novice tests to ride, so at least a 30 mins warm up each test and it is ALL outdoors!!!

Any tips?

Rebecca x

kerilli

Visit site
umm, SMILE! if your horse is well-trained, and will stay straight and obedient despite the rain, you've got a big advantage over those who don't. two of my mares did their best ever tests in the rain, beating a lot of better horses tbh. so, go and get some rosettes, preferably red ones! it's warm, not cold yet, and you're not made of sugar!
wink.gif

oh, and cos they'll prob put their heads down against the rain, you can use more leg = better overall. good, huh?
wink.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I have never competed Grace in the rain before so it could go either way
laugh.gif

I hate getting wet... puts me off entering outdoor venues when the weather is like this
blush.gif
Oh well, I'll dig my waterproofs out and get on with it, although bed is looking mighty inviting again
crazy.gif

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
We have 2 tests at 1pm and 2pm.
My old pony was always called pokey joe because she was always above the bit except in the rain when she tucked her little nose in and shone.lol.Prayed for rain then but not with present horse!
Good luck

dressagecrazy

Visit site
I feel like ive done nothing but Dressage in the rain this Summer. Most of the venues round by me are outdoor but there good surfaces so i keep going.

My horses do the same look like there on the bit in rain, really there keeping there heads down so that they can see where there going through the rain lol. Ive wrecked a show jacket this summer due to the rain.

Well thats what ive told my other half lol. (shhh)

Its only rain & strong wind that causes me big problems expecially if your having the test called & you can't here,& your horses is pinging around because of the wind!!

crabbymare

Visit site
Well at least plain waterproofs are allowed in tests now, a few years ago you would have got soaked!!

Good luck, hope she goes well
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have just got up and heard the weather... am I being a complete wimp by wondering whether to out competing today? I have two BD Novice tests to ride, so at least a 30 mins warm up each test and it is ALL outdoors!!!

Any tips?

Rebecca x

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you only ever compete when the weather is fair and you qualify for the BD Nationals (I know you've already qualified for Hartpury in April) and on the big day, the weather is shocking and your horse isn't used to competing in those conditions................