Dressage instructor (Somerset/Devon)

ldlp111

Visit site
Hi

I just wondered if anyone can recommend me a good dressage instructor? Must be under £35 an hour (incl travel) I am willing to travel upto about half hour from junc 25 of M5 or looking for someone to come to me although I don't have an arena. Looking for an instructor who can work with slightly difficult mare who can be abit sharp and fussy with her head and is quite lazy as well :eek: and a average rider :eek:

tractorgirl

Visit site
Try gaynor lomas at netherclay livery - I thinkabout 3 miles from j25. Great with difficult horses and reasonable rates. I can't remember her number but google should bring it up.

philamena

Visit site
What level are you at / hoping to do? And what kind of style of teaching do you like? ie bossy and direct, softer, more horse-focused or rider focused? (You know how instructors often talk more about one than the other...)

ldlp111

Visit site
Well i'm currently doing prelim (altho not very well!!) Have only just convinced C to go in some form of an outline :eek: Not really sure what kind of instructor I prefer :)

ets I would like to starting doing better at prelim and progress from there :)

philamena

Visit site
Gaynor would be worth a try. Netherclay livery where she's based has a website with her details. Nice arena if you go there too. http://www.netherclayliverycentre.co.uk/

Or you could try Sarah Thorne, who certainly won't take any nonsense from lazy ponio. Based Ashill and travels in the area you're looking.

One of the girls at my yard uses someone whose full name I can't remember but she raves about, I'll PM you the details.

And if you want some fab dressage input then worth trying Nina Venables who is based at various places on different days but you'd need to be available on a weekday at the mo as she's teaching around childcare these days. Her number's on the netherclay website too as she does clinics there.

All of these quite different in styles - worth trying a couple and seeing what you get on with. It's good to try out a couple of people if you're not sure what style suits you as having the knowledge is one thing, but how they go about getting it into your noggin is absolutely crucial!