Dressage Instructor Staffs/Derbyshire

Ceriann

Visit site
On the border of Staffs and Derbyshire and looking for a good instructor. We’ve had a year off with injury but ready and able to get stuck in now. Having lost my go to instructor who i loved (relocation and partial career change) during our year off, im finding it hard to find a replacement. Horse has trained to medium (pre my ownership) but just want to get out there at novice again and aim for elem.

Ceriann

Visit site
Is it too far for you to get to Ingestre? Fab instructors there.
I went for the odd lesson when horse on non-ridden rehab but its a bit far without without having to take the neddie too. I used to travel to my previous instructor (about half an hour) but she’s relocated and closest she teaches now is Somerford which is too far.

lamlyn2012

Visit site
Which instructor did you have?
Where are you close too?
I really struggled to find the right one when we moved. There are alot of mediocre instructors out there I think, but not too many really good ones.
I think Stef at Moddershall is very good but haven't used her myself.

Ceriann

Visit site
At Ingestre - chris was the instructor i saw. He was great and teach you to understand how to train rather than just to ride. Too far to travel regularly with the trailer though and i also have my own school so can have someone here.

I used to train with Alice Beasley - loved our sessions and made such a difference to my riding.

Im between Ashbourne and Leek. Ive had some useful recommendations so have some to follow up.

KittyH

Visit site
Justine Sole of AM Dressage travels to a friend of mine near Stafford and does clinics there. She is exceptional, being based with Adam Kemp and Matt Frost and formerly at Talland. She has also trained her own 'normal' horse to competing at GP.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I loved my lessons with Alice. She's teaching is at camp in a couple of weeks - hurrah!

Mary Thelwell is also very good and covers same sort of area as Alice used to. She runs a weekly clinic on our yard in Buxton. Feel free to PM if you are interested in giving her a try.

Ceriann

Visit site
I loved my lessons with Alice. She's teaching is at camp in a couple of weeks - hurrah!

Mary Thelwell is also very good and covers same sort of area as Alice used to. She runs a weekly clinic on our yard in Buxton. Feel free to PM if you are interested in giving her a try.
So hard finding someone new and they are big shoes to fill! Very jealous you’re off to a clinic - we are a way off that at the minute but we’ll get there. I’ll take a look at Mary - thanks.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Mary does not have the dressage background Alice does - she's an Eventer. But a lot of the people who used to go to Alice in Parwich now come to Mary in Buxton. So she seems to appeal to the same riders who liked Alice.

Kat

Visit site
Emily Perry is good, she used to be based with Ruth Edge down at Foston but is now near Muggington I think, so not far from Ashbourne.