Dressage instructors in Cheshire?

MissEmilyy09

Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations for dressage instructors in Cheshire? Specifically those who will travel to Congleton/Holmes chapel area?
It’s for a very forward (but willing) horse who can be a bit sharp off the aids sometimes, so they need to have some experience dealing with these kind of horses! Currently working at elementary level at home, with a few medium moves thrown in. Also, since I’m looking to both improve current movements and work on new ones, I would prefer someone who has also ridden/competed to a decent level themselves.

Yard is still mostly in lockdown so I’m just looking ahead to when I can do a bit more again!

Thanks!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Paul Hughes is in Holmes Chapel, has his own indoor and outdoor. Rides up to GP himself and has a background of having ridden everything as a child upwards.

abbijay

Visit site
If you can get her Katy Ash is amazing!
She is not a "name" but has ridden to Inter2 and used to work for Stephen Clarke. She's based in Congleton and has taken me and an 18hh clydesdale from just about getting round a prelim to working medium with a few attempts at changes (before the horse decided retirement was a better option!) I have watched her take pupils with every kind of horse - cart horses, cobs, ex-racers and proper dressage types to doing all sorts of stuff. Feel free to PM me for her number.
I have a few friends who use Paul Hughes and he has an excellent reputation.
South Cheshire Riding Club hasn't done any dressage training for months (probably nearly a year). I do love the club but don't think you'll find much through them at the moment.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Does she travel? I'd like to try a new instructor on our yard near Buxton. About 45 minutes from Somerford x

Fran is extreme west of Cheshire I think, shes Hallo2012 if you want to PM her.

Just to update the thread, I have decided to travel further and go to a trainer i always got on really well with before she moved. We've had two really great lessons so far.

Squidge90

Visit site
I can highly recommend Fiona Hulme Dressage who has recently moved to Leek, Stafford. She travels and is the most fantastic kind, sympathetic yet challenging instructor. She is on FB.