Dressage levels

Rosiefan

Visit site
What would be the equivalent level at BD to a 1* eventing test? And would 69% be considered a good score?
TIA

Judie

Visit site
69% is a good score yes, don't know about the comparison though, what sort of movements were in it?

Rosiefan

Visit site
Thank you. Not very good at this but walk backwards for 4/5 steps, 10m half circles, different speed canter, change leg - that sort of thing.

Rosiefan

Visit site
Thank you
smile.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
Elementary has sideways stuff in it though, 1* doesn't. I would say it was a top-end long-arena Novice, as Novice includes rein-back and counter canter, plus medium's doesn't it?

Rosiefan

Visit site
Thanks and thanks TE. So would Intermediate (BE) and 2* tests include going sideways? I suppose it depends which test it is ((hmm, don't know if they can do that yet - could be fun on Sunday
grin.gif
)
It's no wonder I get confused really - BE/BD/FEI all calling the levels by different names and including different things. Many thanks all - I expect I'll get to grips with it eventually.
Just to add - and then of course, PC call the levels different things too
confused.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
Yes, int and 2* involve going sideways, different amounts and variations of it
wink.gif
. Also more difficult counter canter than 1*, simple changes, extended walk, and turn on the haunches. Trouble is the BD levels are not directly equivalent to BE: just one example is in all FEI tests you have to do sitting trot, but in BD you don't have to do it until Medium.