Dressage: Loss of a friend

Ambers mum

Visit site
I know a few people on here know of Sam Cawkwell but as I haven't found any mention of it.

I wanted to pay my respects to such a wonderful kind funny girl who I have watched from afar develop from a pony mad child in to an amazing horsewoman.

When I first heard of Sam it was through my dear long time friend Elaine Cawkwell back in the 1990's, Sam was a mere child riding loan ponies from a yard near Blackpool. It wasn't long before Sam and Elaine got Sam Horse a beautiful section D who she competed regulary and was a success in the show ring and dressage arena winning almost everything they entered. Elaine encouraged Sam and when Sam got Charlie a beautiful WB her talents and horsemanship came out in full force.

I am so proud that I was allowed to know same and even though tiny, share a little in her life. I have followed Sam and Andrew Hacket's story through facebook and from various forums and watched with pride as a family friend has climbed her way to a succesful life.

Reading todays tributes on Facebook reminded me of her wickedly funny sense of humor, her love for her family and friends and her dedication to her sport and the horses she loved so dearly.

Goodbye my darling, you will have a special place in our hearts forever.

Love Mandi and Hannah xxxxxxxx

1914113_300498130323_6057444_n.jpg

Hornby

Visit site
That is very sad news. I knew of her reputation as an extremely capable and sympathetic rider, with a real talent with young horses. What a shock, thinking of her friends and family at this distressing time.

teacups

Visit site
Very sorry to hear this.
What a lovely tribute and photo.

There is a thread in equestrian news as well.

Last edited:

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com
That is very sad news. I knew of her reputation as an extremely capable and sympathetic rider, with a real talent with young horses. What a shock, thinking of her friends and family at this distressing time.

Exactly what she was. Add in an ability to make anyone laugh, a taste for outrageous clothes (and matchy, and horse names) and all the patience in the world
I sat last night thinking how, just how am I even typing this.

Ambers mum

Visit site
I think the family will take great comfort in knowing how much missed and well thought of Sam was. She was such a genuine girl. Elaine especially will be proud of how much she has helped others and brought a smile to everyone who knew her xxxxxx

JGC

Visit site
I have friends that knew her in passing and no one has anything but lovely to say about her and her horsemanship.

Rest in peace, Sam.