Dressage Numnah - on a giant

barneyhunter

Visit site
Hoping someone else out there with a seriously large horse can help?

I have a 18.1 ID with a new dressage saddle - mono flap, the saddle is 17.5 but very long in length (down his sides). Problem is that none of my normal thin dressage numnah's fit as if I cant put the girth straps through a loop on the numnah the numnah creases up and with the saddle being so long the leather goes past the loops on a normal dressage numnah.

I've tried a thin dressage polly pad and the same happens. He is very high withered so needs a HW one (and besides he flatly refuses to work if a numnah comes down on his wither). We have the same issues with his GP and jumping saddles but they are easier as there are lots of different shapes on the market.

At the moment I am just using a bartel half pad but I would rather a proper numnah - perferably in a funky colour.

Anyone know where I can buy a colourful, deep sided, with loops, high withered dressage numnah?

Thank you

PortuguesePony

Visit site
I don’t know about on a horse as big as yours but I find the HKM saddlecloths are a VERY generous full size … they drown ours! They also come in lots of lovely colours :)

Alternatively Griffin Nuumed will make one up to order for you, plain cotton or wool, in the colour and length/size of your choice.

(Both also being high wither cut but the Griffin ones more so)

Roody2

Visit site
Km elite high wither dressage saddlecloths are really long, and have reinforced material around the girth loops

barneyhunter

Visit site
Thanks, about to get surfing on internet for these. Like the sound of the numed made ones.

Now just to decide on colour for a huge ginger - although better find out what is on offer before I get too excited.

Auslander

Visit site
Ditto HKM. My saddle is an old Lauriche, very long in the flaps, and HKM dressage numnahs fit very well, still plenty of length when pulled right up into the gullet. Very funky colours available too.

I stupidly selected probably the only shade that looks like crap on a bright bay horse with a brown saddle. Dark Plum - Why???