Dressage: PB Prelim!

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Happy Mondays everyone, hope the weekend was good for you. I'm at the yard waiting for the physio to give my boy a routine check so I thought I would share a short report from my 2nd dressage this year with my (grotty, brown stained) lovely beast.

So I have now had 5 lessons from the new instuctor, 2 on the baby pony and 3 on my ex broken horse and she is brilliant. So glad to have found someone local who gets me and my horses and explains things in a way that I understand. The difference she is making is unreal.

So the PB...finally broke 70% in P7 which is about the worst test for my easily bored and switches off horse, with consistant 8's for his trot work! To put this in perspective I rode this test Jan 2016 and got 54%. :D He then had 6 months off from Oct. His canter is still no where near what it needs to be, so room for many more marks when that falls into place. Unbelievably pleased with how far we have come in so short a space of time. And the sun was shining and I had repsectable times so it was an all around amazing day. 2nd in a big class, but the horse that beat us was an ex high level eventer, so that's not unsuprising! I have never ridden higher than prelim, but I am really hoping a reasonable novice test might be possible by the end of the year, forwards and onwards!

Love this horse:

20900892_10154669801145894_5427658707609432402_o.jpg

Thanks for reading and hope the weather is kind to us all this week.

mudmonkey17

Visit site
Brilliant results. I had similar weekend and broke the 70% with personal bests. Such a great feeling when you have worked so hard x

NiamhB

Visit site
Well done !! ive also been aiming for a novice test this year, beautiful horse and keep up the good work!!!

Bernster

Visit site
Fantastic, sounds like a perfect day all round. He looks sparkly clean and nicely turned out too. Fab that you're already looking towards a novice test.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Thank you all. He is lovely most of the time!

Congrats on your PB mudmonkey and lets hope we both make that novice test NiamhB!

He is white for about 3 hours every month...the rest of the time i am often greeted by this horror!! Who buys anything with white bits!!

19956893_10154558323705894_8010082222004889344_o.jpg