Dressage Report

BBs

Visit site
Just thought I would post a little report on yesterdays dressage at Abbey.

Winston and I have been quietly contesting Elementary this year and having our monthly lessons with new trainer Anna R-D.

Having changed trainers we're getting to grips with our new way of going, and finally after 6 years of trying I can now sit to the big mans trot - humour me please
smirk.gif

Set off in the blistering heat to Abbey Dressage near Tewkesbury which is a super venue and the nicest EVER owners.
Arrived and parked next to our stable mates Halfstep and Winston instantly recognised Osk so gave him a neigh - cute.

First test was indoors, which unfortunately isnt good for us. Its in a small arena 20x40 and he just totally backs off because of the tight area.
Walking into the arena was like walking into an oven
crazy.gif
too hot and humid and I really thought his lordish would turn into a slug
frown.gif

In contrast he really did the nicest test he's ever produced for me, and I wasnt the complete radish colour I usual am when we finished.
Judge lent out of her box and said what a lovely horse and test we did - so cue big cheesy grin from yours truely
grin.gif

20 minutes to our next test, no time to get changed, so lots of squirting of water in both mine and his mouth and we set off again. Just in time was RLF who had come to support us, RLF for those who dont know, bought my old mare Bally from me 6 years ago so it was great to see her again - thanks chick
The second test was held in their lovely outdoor arena and the breeze was so welcoming!!!
Anyway set off and he again produced a really nice off the leg test - which totally suprised me as Im not use to him being so forward and flowing.
Our mediums werent what they have been which was a shame, I can produce them in the warm up and at home but still havent come totally in the test, but equally the counter canters, collection and walk is so much better.

Being later in the day, there was only a handful of competitors after me so we hung around to find out my scores.

First test and we scored 67.1% and WON
cool.gif
and finished 2nd over all, losing out by 0.4 - so dead chuffed, even more so as the winner of the open had only judged me a few weeks back
grin.gif

Second test was going to be a lot tougher but was pleasantly suprised to score 61% and finish 4th out of a pretty big class.

I also won my entry fee back - now that I am NOT use to - esp when eventing
tongue.gif

Thanks for reading.

jules89

Visit site
That's brilliant, really pleased for you! Nice of the judge to comment too, no wonder you were smiling!
grin.gif
well done
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Fab results well done
grin.gif

How's Snoop these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you TP
smile.gif

Snoops is fine, going really sweetly...although this morning he was off to the meat market after his stuipidness out hacking - that will teach me to not give him his calmer
grin.gif

Planning to be out and about BD in the autumn, but might be going SJing sooner.

BBs

Visit site
Thanks Jules and Weez.

Journey was slightly hampered with sticky accelerator pedal
frown.gif
thankfully being fixed on tuesday. Fingers x it isnt expensive. Bang goes my winnings
smirk.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Sticky ACCEL pedal - blimey that is scary, glad to hear you are getting it sorted, not sure I could cope with that!

I need inspiration for Friday so am going to take it from you if that is OK. After going great guns in the school we schooled on grass for the first time today....all of the wheels fell off and it was pants LOL! (Whoops, pressed submit!) Mind you it was 7.30am and I don't think I was very awake after being up most of the night with the groaning OH.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Oh well done! When I had a sticky accelerator pedal they just replaced a spring, cost next to nothing, and eventually the whole accelerator pedal had to be replaced but I don't remember it being terribly expensive, under £50 I think, so fingers crossed yours is the same.

I love Abbey, Glenys is fantastic, the judging there is always spot on, it runs so smoothly and Glenys is also a superb trainer.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Well done V sounds like you had a great day. Sounds like W will be able to teach S some lessons when they are both out competing.

BBs

Visit site
Thats good to know SC, thank you. I hope its just the spring that needs replacing too
crazy.gif

Glenys is indeed great, she was the writer for the first test and saw me with my rosette and said what a nice test I did and if I could just get him to do such and such - so helpful.

Cheers Rach, please let Anna know. Im sure she will be pleased to hear that finally I can sit and not do rising all the time lol
See you on Saturday still??

Lec, Winston is finally coming out with some of Snoopys attitude which is helping I think. Snoop tried everso hard yesterday to prove that he's more than ready to go out competing as he worked through both Elem tests for me before I went, bar the rein back - but equally this morning he was a toad on his hack and has now been sent back to the naughty corner and will be there for a while yet.
He wont be coming out until at least September by which time hopefully Win will have moved up a notch and be ready for Medium.
That should put Snoop down a peg or two
grin.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
Very well done to Winston and congratulations on your sitting trot - I swear to God it would take me 15 years and I STILL wouldn't be able to sit properly to my ginger monster
shocked.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Can't wait to hear about the Snoopmeister's first outing - anything in mind?

BBs

Visit site
Thanks TD.
Snoop may (if he redeems himself this week) go SJing and do some unaffillated stuff just to give him something to think about.
Im kinda thinking (MAYBE) if Aston has another UnAf ODE in September we might aim for that - BUT ONLY IF HE BUCKS HIS IDEAS UP, as this morning he was going for dog meat
mad.gif

Halfstep

Visit site
well done honey! Winston looked FAB yesterday, not Mr. snooze at all. You've done so well with him and really look a professional team
smile.gif

So sorry for missing your sale today - I've been feeling truly awful all day, lying in bed with the curtains pulled
frown.gif
. I think that indoor school totally cooked me yesterday.

RLF

Visit site
Super Well Done, you looked fantastic.
Now where's the video footage, did it work? your Mum wasn't sure if she was pointing it at you because of the sun
cool.gif

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fab results well done
grin.gif

How's Snoop these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you TP
smile.gif

Snoops is fine, going really sweetly...although this morning he was off to the meat market after his stuipidness out hacking - that will teach me to not give him his calmer
grin.gif

Planning to be out and about BD in the autumn, but might be going SJing sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
We've not lost you completely to the dark side have we? No jumps in a BD arena
tongue.gif

Glad he's going well
grin.gif

Worried1

Visit site
Fantastic well done Win and BBs - so pleased you had a great day and its so rewarding when hard work finally pays off
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
RLF the video was taking so long to upload (2 hours and still only 1/2 done) so decided to give up
frown.gif

BD, I really do think sitting trot is over rated, why cant we do rising all the way up to PSG?

Saf, the win was a non qualifier
frown.gif
tbh Im just happy for us to be improving he felt so good on saturday
smile.gif
, so not chasing qualifications. We dont have a hope in hell tbh but we've qualfied for pet plans so thats good
smile.gif

Katb, any joy with Godders this weekend?

TP, I wont be going back BE affliated unless I win the lottery, just cant justify the huge costs.
I can now compete once or even twice a month BD
smile.gif
and afford lessons with Anna.
But we will be doing the odd ODE unaffilated and or SJing
smile.gif

Although I may give the ride to Baydale, that ort to cheer her up lol

Thanks Worried
smile.gif
it was such fun on saturday now feel the work is paying off and we're singing off the same hymn sheet at last. Are you still going on saturday?

Thanks again all
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Your non qualifier win still counts though...

You can get two wins at qualifiers, or one qualifier and two non qualifiers
smile.gif

Huge well done for Winston and for you too! Great report
smile.gif