Dressage rider wimps out with weather

dressagecrazy

Visit site
We where due to do our first Medium today, all the prep done, horse going fab :). However it's lashing down & the wind is well mega strong :(.

Competition Venue is outdoor & windy even on a good day (been there in the height of summer & still been windy), so ive decided to withdraw & re-enter for next week.

I know i sound like a wimp but horse wouldnt of done his best & ive got time so i thought about it & i may as well leave it to another better day. When horse & rider will peform at there best or at least try to lol.

I do sound like a wimp don't i!! I guess there's only so much rain you can ride in before you get totally fed up of it & also run out of waterproofs lol. All mine are soaking from yesterday...

clipclop

Visit site
I don't blame you at all. We are supposed to do this for fun!! LOL.

With the high winds we currently have here, I wouldn't want to take my trailer out anyway.

Good luck for next time. ;)

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
dont blame you.....now that iv only got one really nice horse i only go out to nice places, on nice days, to do tests i like etc etc, i do this for fun now and with one horse can afford to take my time.

i took last winter off to train at home so i avoided the worst weather and will do so again this year, maybe some indoor sj instead and back to dressage when the weather cheers up!

Halfstep

Visit site
Last year I went to a competition in the worst weather ever. It was bucketing down, the warm up was a quagmire, the competition arenas were huge puddles. My horse hated it, I got soaked to my skin and had to throw away my white bandages they were so black and muddy. My britches were ruined and my saddle soaked through. I only had a 3.5t box so nowhere to sit to get dry. After that I swore that I never would make myself compete in rotten weather again, it isn't worth it! :eek:

kick_On

Visit site
Nar not wimp very senisable. Yes we should be able to ride in whatever the weather. BUT there comes a point, where it's no fun for you or your horse. Plus it's not a championship

dressagecrazy

Visit site
I definitely made the right decision, horses head was on the floor the minute he came out of his stable & into the weather. No chance of doing decent lateral work when he's upset.

Ive also done the bad weather show's & ruined Breeches & jackets & tbh i did say i wouldnt do it again & ive surprised myself by sticking to my guns.

Thanks everyone don't know what it is but i really hate withdrawing when there's not a problem so to speak ie horse & rider are fine.