Dressage riders in the North East

cpendle

Visit site
Hi, I live in the South West. I'm a competitive amateur looking to buy a new dressage horse. I've seen one that I love the look and sound of online, but he's literally a 5 hour drive away from me in the North East!!!! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a North East-based dressage rider (Sedgefield area) who I could pay to go and view the horse for me as a first viewing and feed back their thoughts and whether he fits with what I'm looking for. Then I'd potentially go for a second viewing if it all sounded positive.

Any suggestions or ideas gratefully received!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Lydia Malkin LG Equine Durham is a freelance trainer, rides beautifully, rides at Kynryn each year (look it up its Bishop Auckland) is knowledgeable and really really knows horses. It might be worth contacting her to see if it would be something she could help with.

leflynn

Visit site
Not strictly a dressage rider but I know she offers this service and not that far away - Shivers Eventing (Sara Burdess), has ridden to old 4*/new 5* star level

Sedgefield not that far from either Teeside or Newcastle airports so might be worth a look for a cheap flight depending on where you are? Not sure if he would do it but Paul Langford also localish (I train with him)