Dressage saddle musings..

AbFab

Visit site
I am looking at selling my 2 saddles and putting the money towards a better one. I currently have a Harry Dabbs Cobra which I love, but it is too narrow for Saffy as she's a barrel and it's a medium wide. I have an Idea dressage saddle which fits her brilliantly (is a wide one) but I don't like riding in it. So both are a bit useless to me.

Can anyone recommend me a good 2nd hand dressage saddle? I prefer ones with wacking great blocks :) I have quite long legs and Saffy is 14.1hh, so anything that can help keep my legs in the right place is welcome! I like the size of the Harry Dabbs blocks, so something similar would be good. Or if anyone has a wide Harry Dabbs saddle, I'll send the carrier pigeon!

Gingerbird

Visit site
I've got the Albion SLK Ultima, and it's just heaven. Coverted it for years as it belonged to my bestie. She used it first on a sticky TB and then on her not true to type Dutch WB. Obv they're both over 16hh, she herself is at least 5'7''. I stole it from her for a bargain price for my 14.3hh Connie, who is a lot wider than he looks. Fits amazingly, and not only to the horse as I'm a mere 5'1'' and it fits me as perfectly as it last much taller jock!!!

_GG_

Visit site
I just bought a stunning GFS off preloved for £250. I knew it would fit as my mare was already fitted to the exact same saddle that was £750.

I don't think the seller had a clue but daughter gave up horses and went traveling.

It has huge blocks with extremely soft leather and is supremely comfortable.

In a massive stroke of luck, it also fits the baby perfectly for the moment too :)

Scoundrel

Visit site
I'm looking at selling a jaguar by Harry dabs dressage saddle at the mo. Pm me if you want more info :)

AbFab

Visit site
I do love Albion saddles :) She was in a Selecta for years and we both loved it. I only sold it as I stopped jumping and wanted something more appropriate for dressage. I've had a sit in an Ultima today and it was lovely.

I've been to saddles direct today and brought home a Prestige, a Barnsby and a Kent and Masters. Tried her in all 3 - they all fit very well but the Kent and Masters one is just a dream! Out of my price range at the moment though as it's brand new, so I'm hoping to find a 2nd hand one for a bit less.