dressage saddle recommendations

Spange

Visit site
I'm very excited as I may finally be able to afford a dressage saddle! I've been using a Wintec Isabella worth on my horse for a little while, which i quite like (i know they have their fans and otherwise!!) but now i think i can upgrade - so just wondered if anyone had any recommendations??

I can prob afford up to about £800 - don't mind second hand. Horse is a 16.2 ISH, and we are currently working at novice level! I'm tall - 5'9. Don't know if that impacts anything!

any advice appreciated! thanks

posie_honey

Visit site
if you're "up norf" i'd go for a made to measure andrew sankey saddle - i only use him now after some bad experenices with saddlesr and off the peg saddles and LOVE his saddles - i have a dressage based on the barracuda but with the odd differences to suit HRH and myself :)

asterid

Visit site
Ideal Suzannah! It is fab! I tried all the Albions including the very expensive ones but the best one by far and value for money was he Suzannah!

I love it!

ginadrummond

Visit site
My ideal Jessica is unbelievably good. Brought ebay for £250 but I wouldn't sell it for double that. Seems to fit loads of horsese too. So different from when I first rode in dressage saddles 30 years ago!

Gilbey

Visit site
Been in the dressage business a long time, and definately Albion are far superior for us. We have the Legend which you should be able to pick up second hand as they are out dated now. But it's your bum and your horse so it must be comfortable for both of you!

Spange

Visit site
thanks all! I'm sadly down-souff (west) so can't use that recommendation! :(

am excited to try some albions and ideals out then! thanks very much all!

LauraElise

Visit site
if you're "up norf" i'd go for a made to measure andrew sankey saddle - i only use him now after some bad experenices with saddlesr and off the peg saddles and LOVE his saddles - i have a dressage based on the barracuda but with the odd differences to suit HRH and myself :)

Second this, I have a Barracuda nicest saddle I have ever sat on by a mile!

ace87

Visit site
I wouldn't even consider anything other than an Albion I have to say! I had a beautiful Albion Legend previously but unsure how easy they are to get hold of these days as I think they are an old model?

I now have an Albion Style which I picked up second hand (In as new condition) for £500 I bought it for my 17hh warmblood and when I sold him I had it fitted to my 15.2hh connie, fitted them both like a glove, no need for any adjustment, very comfy saddle and looks fab, always commented on how nice it is when we're out! :)