Dressage saddle recommendations?

ellie11987

Visit site
I'm after upgrading my old GP to a dressage saddle for my high withered TB. I have a budget up to around £700 at a push and I'm struggling to find anything suitable in that price range. I prefer large knee rolls and a deep seat to feel more secure, something similar to an Equipe Emporio (but I'm dreaming I know!!). I've seen one or two Bates Innovas and Kieffers come up that look nice but looking for more options. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you :)

StormyMoments

Visit site
I loved my Jaguar... it no longer fits my horse which I am gutted about so I will be selling it and having one made to measure for him - it has a lovely deep seat an large knee rolls. Ideal Suzannah is a nice saddle too and also some Albion saddles have large knee rolls... if not Wintec Isobel has changeable knee blocks I think...

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
Try a Kent and masters about 900 new but you can buy them second hand and they hace changeable gullets. alternatively find a saddler who deals in second hand saddles and get them to bring some out to you

ellie11987

Visit site
Try a Kent and masters about 900 new but you can buy them second hand and they hace changeable gullets. alternatively find a saddler who deals in second hand saddles and get them to bring some out to you

Thank you! I do know a local saddler who does this but she only seems to have very low budget saddles in that I'm not too keen on, I'll have to get searching.

Louby

Visit site
Im in the same position with a similar sounding horse. I currently have a Black Country, its a beautiful saddle but wont fit my new boy and Ive been told Kent & Masters too, the high wither version. Ive tried various makes from friends to get an idea but none are right because of his high wither. Im finding they need to have a good deep back panel and a cut back head to clear the wither, yet keep your weight in the centre and not tipped to the back.

bakewell

Visit site
I've had a similar problem in the past. I found a brown devoucoux for about half the price of a black one, on ebay. I'd already parked my bottom in some/ tried some on my horse and knew it cleared his wither, so you might want to give that a go.
Might add another option.
I could only afford the saddle because it was brown tho!

JustKickOn

Visit site
I've rode in a kieffer Piet for a few months. So comfy, really deep seat and the knee rolls were superb. They're over £2k new though...