Dressage Saddle

jj1966

Visit site
Searching for a cheaper second hand for an x x wide no wither 16hh mare. Anyone have ideas on where to look.
Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have an idea of saddler/tack shops that might sell second hand for the larger horse. Every where I look only seem to hold up to wide.
She is only a youngster so am not wanting to fork out thousands just now.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
It might be worth looking for an Ideal one, certainly their cob saddles come up an x wider than other saddles sizing might suggest, not sure if the same is true for their other models?

I can't see any around not even eg Saddles Direct: maybe most dressage horses are normally narrower. Maybe if you cant find one, as a last resort consider a straight cut showing saddle as there are plenty of XW and wider ones of those and they would allow free movement and lack of bulk?

jj1966

Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions, it's quite frustrating. Only moved back to Scotland 8 wks ago and she's out of the wintec x wide.
She's a friesian just give you an idea, working with a terrible cheap treeless that I only use for young ones to get use to saddles and dont normally sit on. So quite frustrated.
Might need recommendations on fitters if I can't find what I am looking for.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions, it's quite frustrating. Only moved back to Scotland 8 wks ago and she's out of the wintec x wide.
She's a friesian just give you an idea, working with a terrible cheap treeless that I only use for young ones to get use to saddles and dont normally sit on. So quite frustrated.
Might need recommendations on fitters if I can't find what I am looking for.

There are a couple of people in Grampian endurance that ride Friesians and they would need very well fitting comfy saddles to do that. It might be worth joining their Facebook group and asking on there if anyone knows what they use.

BYRDS MUMMY

New User
Visit site
There are a couple of people in Grampian endurance that ride Friesians and they would need very well fitting comfy saddles to do that. It might be worth joining their Facebook group and asking on there if anyone knows what they use.

I have an Ideal H&C apex VSD that I have used on my big lad(ID x Shire) very comfy and sits/stays well. Few and far between to get though.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
There are saddles for this purpose but they are not easy to get hold of second hand, I work for a company that makes them and we have a fitter your way, but they are rare as hens teeth second hand, I can't remember the last time anyone traded one in.