Dressage saddles for hippopotamus

scats

Visit site
What makes do you rate? I’m looking to have Millie fitted with a dressage saddle, but the problem I have is she is exceptionally wide. We tried a Kent and masters dressage saddle (as she wears a K&M GP) but it slid about all over the show, despite being professionally fitted, and I ended up up her neck in a competition. So they are a big nope.

I would love something like a prestige, but I’ve had a saddle fitter tell me that they just don’t match Millie’s shape/width.
She is flat backed with big shoulders.
Budget up to £2k.

I’ve looked at the Chunky Monkey Fb Page, but don’t know anyone who has had one.

Asha

Visit site
Have a look at equipe Olympia. You can pick them up second hand now . They fit my flat back big shouldered ID mare ?

DirectorFury

Visit site
+3 to Equipe, though mine is currently in a Dapple while I wait for a brown Equipe! There’s a +2.5 in black on saddles direct at the moment for just under £2k, and with it you get a 3 day trial so can send it back if it doesn’t fit.

Noble

Visit site
I have just had a Jeffries Liberty dressage saddle fitted to my xwide mare (by my saddle fitter), it has a hoop tree and is designed for generous types? I have ridden in it 4 times now, got it on Friday, and I'm really pleased with the feel and my very opinionated mare has shown a huge improvement. New it is in your budget but she has a second hand 17.5 xw in second hand at the moment £1100, she has the press to make final adjustments if required (mine was second hand 17" and she adjusted it from w to XW) I also have part exchanged my K&M for it which was unstable. I have a feeling you are in my area?

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I have an AH Classic dressage on my cob after trying a few that either didn't suit him or me. He's an xw fit.

If Chunky Monkey saddles are still made by Silhouette that would put me off them as had a very wonky saddle from Silhouette.

McFluff

Visit site
I had an ideal - hoop H&M tree - on mine. Was very comfy, and for your budget you could choose colour and features.

Fruitcake

Visit site
I have a Chunky Monkey dressage and love it! It's so comfy and fits so well, with no rolling, slipping etc. It's on a hoop tree, which I think helps with this. They do a mono flap in the dressage too which helps with bulk under your leg on a wider horse.

scats

Visit site
So it seems I’m less easy to fit than Millie!
Looks like I’m going to have to have the seat building up a bit for me with more support. I’m very narrow in the pelvis and have so many issues with my SI and coccyx, that I need the seat of the classical dressage, but on the supercob tree. Fortunately we are in good hands now so should be sorted with something in a couple of weeks time.