Dressage saddles for the short of leg

Kylara

Visit site
As title really. I have teeny weeny legs. I wish to put my leg on horse not leather flap. Any suggestions that aren't custom made saddles, but simply saddles with shorter flaps?

Kylara

Visit site
Thanks. I'm not going to be able to get a new one so am looking for second hand. Hence trying to find saddles which tend to have shorter flaps already! I doubt a saddler would be too pleased if I was suggesting saddles with flaps way too long!

I've also been thinking about maybe buying a second hand juniors dressage saddle, as they will have smaller flaps...?

Bernster

Visit site
Ah I was going to say that they can make em with shorter flaps, eg Albion and Black Country are two that I know of, but not helpful if you're after second hand unfortunately! I have an Albion k2 dressage with normal flaps and I don't notice it being too long even with my diddy legs. I think the fact that it has smaller knee rolls and is less deep and less straight/long cut helps it fit to my legs.

Never tried juniors cos my a33 is too big haha but might be worth a go !

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Any bench made saddle can have shorter flaps, but unless you find a good junior type saddle most will have flaps that are too long. If you go for a smaller seat size but in a flatter seat you might be able to get a correspondingly shorter flap as the whole saddle will be smaller. You could possibly have 1/2"-1" removed on a second hand saddle by a very good saddler, depending on the length of the sweat flap, panel at the front and knee block.