Dressage Saddles

lillie07

Visit site
Opinions on Dressage Saddles please....
confused.gif

Bertie1

Visit site
I have an Albion Ultima Kontact which cost the earth! I do like it, but it's not a brilliant fit on the horse (and yes, I have had it checked, and still do so regularly). A lot of people say Albion's are a riders saddle but not a horses! As in, very comfortable and sits you in a nice position, but not a great fit on the horses.

Others will disagree, I'm sure.

I recently bought an Olney saddlery own-make dressage saddle for my youngster, which is actually really nice. I thought the stuffing was a bit hard, so I got my saddler to soften it up a bit, and I'm very pleased with it.

It's half the price of the Albion, and I honestly couldn't say which one I prefer. I would even go as far as to say the Olney one is better!

I had a Lovett and Ricketts one once, which was OK.

I also tried a treeless one once, which was OK too, but had too much padding for me.

That's all I can tell you from my own experiences.

You'll probably find everyone has a favourite as we're all different shapes and sizes!

Best thing is go to a big saddler, try as many as possible, with a friend on the ground to look at your position.

evenag114

Visit site
I have an albion SLK, a bit harsh on the pocket but i like it and it suits my large IDx boy very well. Have to admit that i am purchasing a new wintec isabell soon though, i sat in one on a friends horse and thought it was brill. I like the idea that its lighter, which will suit my young tb, but i do normally prefer leather.

evenag114

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
i have 3. An albion kontact which is to die for, holds me in a good position and gives alot of support! an Ideal Jessica which is more comfortable than the albion and a fieldhouse which i hate and is like sitting on a board!!! x

vanessahook

Visit site
Wintec Isabell Werth, very nice, very comfortable, great price but can never quite look like a leather one!!! BUT massive plus in that you can change the width in about 5mins so always handy if you have youngsters around.

Hattikins

Visit site
i have the ideal jessica

it is fantastic and i wouldnt change it for the world-it isnt as expensive as the albions and not as heavy either. it is very comfortable and doesnt put u in a very dressagey position that is uncomfortable it just helps to position u in the right place-i hate to do dressage in anything else now!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

bigdeal1

New User
Visit site
Have a Jaguar XK Mono which I love, although the knee rolls are quite hard and took some getting used to. Like the lightness and puts me in the right place - I need all the help I can get!
smile.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
I had a Ideal Jessica with flair which i loved and now my sister has it on her horse.

I have sat in a couple of Albion saddles but don't like them that much, but haven't sat in a Albion dressage.

I rode in a kieffer one once and really liked it.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
I have/have had several including Thorowgood, CTD, Kieffer, Bates Isabel (the leather one), one of my then trainers own design, Saddle Company and Devoucoux. I love the Devoucoux but have one horse who is just not comfortable in his despite changing the panels, he goes best in the Saddle Company one. I also really liked the Kieffer but it is a really old one so no idea what the new modern ones are like.

M

madabout2

Have had Cliff barnsbay - suited narrow high withered horse but no short legged rider!
Had Amerigo - loved it for the postiion it put me in but tried everything to soften the seat in fact it never did! oh and it squeaked.
Had an albion slk - very nice but sold on with a horse did look at getting another one
Have had a jaguar made for me with a short saddle flap - the leather has not aged well and looks slightly grey but I love it!!! And have had it altered to fit 3 horses so far!!
OH has a keiffer that I think he will never get rid of!

(Also have had a sue carson which I hated with a vengence, have had a falcon with a loan horse yuck and a wintec umm not convinced either way)

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Ive got an Ideal Jessica , and i'm really pleased with it, its very comfy and sits me in a nice position. Its lightweight and most importantly it fits my boy a treat. I would definitely buy another!!

Governor

Visit site
I've got an Albion K2 Legend.

About as close to made to measure as you can get without the real thing with regards to fit on my lad (high withered, big warmblood thing!). Plus it fits me a treat too. I'm 5ft4 so thought it would be tricky to find a dressage saddle suitable for Mr. 16.3hh and little me!

Plus lovely quality.

katiejaye

Visit site
I just got a Albion Platinum (with the Genesis system) and it was a small fortune but is fantastic...my boy is so much happier in it and is moving so much freer through his shoulders and back. My position is also very much improved. It's got a lovely deep seat. My boy is quite short coupled and I am quite petite and this saddle fits us perfectly.

omrl

Visit site
Have an albion K2. fantastic fit and really comfy, and puts you in a really nice position. Not heavy at all as are some dressage saddles!