Pictures Dressage schooling in the field

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Today was Mim’s first session with her rider since being on holiday.

She was absolutely super, and her rider says that she feels so much more supple and relaxed.

Since we don’t have a school, we used the flattest part of the field which is not ideal but everyone seemed to survive.

I also put blue and red ribbons in her white tail for the jubilee, if anyone is wondering about the strange red ribbons- she doesn’t kick, I was being creative ?

91EC1D83-9750-4398-A539-396EB251B4AE.jpeg

E35ECEF3-241C-417A-BD06-122BA463DBB3.jpeg

061C5B1F-5266-46AA-B9D7-C7E204AFE9D4.jpeg

80FC291B-08BB-43AF-88DC-1D82577B4DE6.jpeg

And then one of Mim and Miri in the field afterwards. I’m planning to hop on Miri tomorrow, for the first time since she’s arrived.

289976A8-C785-41AA-B8CD-BEFDBC76991E.jpeg

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I used to school Arabi in a hay field at the back of my house it was lovely once the hay was cut, I used to ride around the edge then do a bit of schooling in a corner as there was a huge lake in the middle but it just made a change to going in the school.

Louis on the other hand finds it far too exciting and we end up cantering on the spot and he flings his legs about so I basically gave up with him, although my instructor would persevere and he would settle after some antics he was always different at a show on grass and he never went as well luckily most of the Arab shows are on a surface.

Mim is looking really good you should get her out doing something ?

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Oh she is so gorgeous! I often used to school in a field because that's what I had available to me - it's good for them to be able to balance themselves on different kinds of ground.

Leandy

Visit site
No problem schooling in the field. Its what everyone used to do before we all started building arenas. In my youth I showed at county level and went all through the Pony Club with only a slightly sloping field to ride in, and endless hacking. Not perfect but perfectly doable.