dressage/showing saddles?

harrihjc

Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a straighter cut saddle, as I want to do dressage and showing and find that my forward cut saddle just doesn't do my position or his shoulder any favours. Problem is he's changing shape all the time! I did think about getting a working hunter type saddle, but have never found/heard of any that allow you to change the gullet like you can in the bates/wintec saddles. Are there any?? Could you show in a dressage saddle? Are the bates dressage saddles good? I love my bates saddle, its soooo comfy! Thought about a synthetic too, but obviously for showing thats not really a great plan. I don't want to spend a fortune, because I don't have one sadly, what would you recommend? I did (in a mad forgetting of bank balance moment) wonder about selling my saddle and getting a WOW with the changeable flaps with my xmas bonus. Oh I'm all muddled!

mickey

Visit site
I had a brown Ideal VSD event which was like a GP saddle - I used it for showing. Then I took up dressage and bought an Ideal (can you tell I like Ideal??!!) Jessica dressage saddle. It is less straight cut and more supportive than traditional dressage saddles.....I love it. I hope it will suit for dressage and showing (it is brown after all!) Quite a reasonable price tag too.

harrihjc

Visit site
oo thanks I'll have a look at those. Oh I think I'm just down the road from you now too
smile.gif

Drummer

Visit site
I have an Albion K2 VSD, which is alot straighter then my old GFS VSD and I do everything in it, looks great for showing, I jump in it and just love it!

The wintec comes in a VSD now!?!

mickey

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oo thanks I'll have a look at those. Oh I think I'm just down the road from you now too
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh are you???? ! Great - you must come over and see Mick sometime....!
Did you get the farrier thing sorted??

harrihjc

Visit site
haven't really worried too much about farrier, moving yards should help as there are farriers there and its less far out than we were.