Dressage Trainer Cesar Parra Suspended by FEI for Horse Abuse

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Just how do you qualify for the Olympics by registering the score from one test allegedly performed in front of one judge with no spectators?

I think I can guess the answer to that and it won't have been making noises like a little bird!
And why people are shocked that no one has done anything about him and even now the response is lukewarm at best. Hmmmmmm

Burnerbee

Visit site
Has the Daily Mail got hold of this yet?

I loathe the paper but once they shine their light on something it can make a positive (or often negative - but I don’t think that would be the case here) difference

ETA: checked and looks like no, he and his behaviour are only mentioned in the horse press…matter of time until the broader press take note

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
This guy 🙄

Add alleged human trafficking to the list of things that make him a shite bag human...

Happy to see him spectacularly fall, tbh.

ladygreytea

Visit site
The horses are not misbehaving, they are obviously trying, and they have no idea what those people want them to do, or why they are being punished so severely.

It's heartbreaking.

Parra and Helgstrand are of the same ilk. Both are so apologetic in public. "It only happened once" or "it was the riders not obeying our rules".
I wasn't born yesterday nor did I just fall off of the turnip truck. They are sickening human beings, but the FEI and USEF have let this sort of thing go on for so long, that they are complicit in this abuse.
Fully agreed, these horses are being very sweet about the torture they´re enduring. It´s really depraved to consider only the suspension of Parra and not a full prosecution.

Beausmate

Visit site
This is sadistic, nothing short of torture. If you treated a human this way you’d be jailed.
He should be jailed for treating a horse that way. Poor William - that was absolutely horrific and should definitely have resulted in criminal charges. As should the rest of that disgraceful behaviour.

Boots*McGruber

Visit site
He should be jailed for treating a horse that way. Poor William - that was absolutely horrific and should definitely have resulted in criminal charges. As should the rest of that disgraceful behaviour.
Agreed. There is no place in society for someone who treats animals this way.

Breather

Visit site
This is terrible. Be forewarned the videos are painful to watch if you love horses.

reynold

Visit site

reynold

Visit site

misst

Visit site
I am sceptical that anything will change quickly. Long term attitudes may change but given that someone like I.W. is happy to be associated with Helgstrand and known abusers are still out there I suspect it is all lip service from the FEI.