Dressage Trainer near Newbury

GG13

Visit site
Im looking for recommendations for a good dressage trainer around the Newbury area.

I’ve contacted a couple but struggling to find anyone with availability at the weekends or can travel weekday evenings. It doesn’t have to be someone competing at the top level but ideally someone with experience with producing young horses as my mare is 5 and I feel we could really benefit with some regular tuition to help us progress

GG13

Visit site
I’m happy to travel, I’d say up to 45mins each way would be my upper limit though. I’m the kingsclere side of Newbury

mavandkaz

Visit site
I'm very local to you
I use Rob trobridge - he has had a big impact on mine and my horses way of going. He comes out to me at the yard I'm at just outside of Whitchurch after I finish work. Or you can go to his yard in hook.
Other ones I know of in the area:
Jane Randall - will travel
Lyndsey Dawes - at fair oak Grange
Amy Blount - will travel
Lizzi Murrey

And a few others. There's quite a good range around
Happy to discuss if you want to msg me

j1ffy

Visit site
I’m happy to travel, I’d say up to 45mins each way would be my upper limit though. I’m the kingsclere side of Newbury

I’m the other side (Wantage) so probably less helpful, but Lindsey Dawes as mentioned by MandK is lovely, breeds and produces youngsters and is just outside Kingsclere - Nikicb trains with her. There’s also Matt Hicks down the A34 from you, who’s excellent.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Thanks @Snail and @j1ffy for the mentions. Yes, I would happily recommend Lindsey at Fairoak Grange. Will freely admit that Lindsey is a good friend as our sons have been close friends for many years, but I wouldn't train with her if I didn't value what she did. Very experienced with young horses; helps horses and riders of all types, shapes, sizes and age; Fairoak's facilities are lovely - 2 outdoor plus an indoor school with good surfaces; plenty of competitions and visiting instructor clinics; her daughter is an advanced rider and happily gets on most horses for schooling etc..... PM me if you want any more info, but definitely worth a try given you are so close.

humblepie

Visit site
I really like Ali Dane at Hurston Dressage in Wantage. I don't go to her very often but always find the lessons really good. Main instructor I go to is in the wrong direction for you but Ali is excellent and has a lovely school as well.

GG13

Visit site
Thank you everyone for the suggestions - will get in contact with some of those recommended and see if they can fit us in :)