Dressage trainer/rider recommendations

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
I have a 5yo homebred mare up in South Scotland who I want to get backed and then to go on and compete next season. She had a foal this year who is now weaned hence why she hadnt been backed previously.

Can anyone recommend someone who will back a 5yo 15.3hh Trakehner mare, and either the same person or another suggestion of a dressage rider to bring her on correctly, get some BD record under her belt and ideally ride her at her mare performance test when she goes to her grading next autumn.

Having had a disaster when I sent another homebred away to be backed this year I really want personal recommendations. She is a superb moving mare but she is clever and sharp. I am based down in the South but my mare is up with my stallion in Scotland and it seems a waste to leave her in the field.

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Lesley Peyton-Gilbert, fab rider and super experienced with mare performance tests (and Trakehners!!).

Hope all is well Volatis. Still in Germany?

Thanks Frodo :)

No I moved back to the UK in the summer. Got a fabulous new job that is still very involved in the horse world but no dirty work! Just need to get the rest of my horses sorted out! One more foal to sell ideally but I have kept Jack!

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Thanks Frodo :)

No I moved back to the UK in the summer. Got a fabulous new job that is still very involved in the horse world but no dirty work! Just need to get the rest of my horses sorted out! One more foal to sell ideally but I have kept Jack!

Ahhh the lovely Jack... Any recent pics? I always think of him as "the one who got away"! ;)

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
No recent pics. At some point we need to get some really smart ones of him but he's on loan to a stud in Scotland currently so need time to do a road trip up there! he is winning them all over with his beautiful attitude though and it will be so exciting to see his first foals in 2014