Dressage trainer wanted - Berkshire (around Henley on Thames)

Piglit

Visit site
Hi all,

Been a little while since I was around the horsey scene following the sale of both my horses. I've recently moved to Henley and, by the grace of god, landed myself a fantastic pony to ride. He's an old boy at 18, but has competed at advanced level and clearly knows his stuff. I don't know anyone in this area in terms of trainers and wondered if anyone could offer any recommendations? I know Samantha Thurman-Baker is 5mins from me, but I'm after some alternatives in case...Thanks!

ihatework

Visit site
Sam or her mother, Diane, are definitely good options.

What level do you ride at and can you travel?

Piglit

Visit site
I'm very rusty...so I'd probably be starting out around Medium. Ideally want someone that can come to the yard really. Can travel I think but if I do that then I'd probably be travelling to my preferred trainers, so having someone come to the yard is the ideal.

ihatework

Visit site
Ok, another option is Douglas Hibbert. He used to be very local but is now over Addington way - but does travel around and will go via Henley. You would need to book in advance though as he isn't massively available. With Diane on your doorstep that might be easier.
Can't think of the top of my head of any freelancers that train medium+ that travel