Dressage training - for a week?

ccooxxyy

Visit site
I'm really considering going on a few days or weeks intensive dressage training as its now or never to get this dressage thing cracked. its been 5 years of trying now!! (horse makes up for it as he is an awsome jumper however, but it needs sorting now!!)
So what i'm thinking of is some intensive lessons and by that i mean a lesson a day with my horse and a lesson on another horse to really get my riding up to scatch and my position much more effective( being working full time and only 1 horse is difficult!). I did think of sending horse away but i feel it would benefit both of us and one never knows what goes on when you send a horse away and i'm not looking for a quick fix.
So does anyone know of any dressage trainers (that understand event horses that do dressage badly!!) where i might be able to do this? I dont really mind travelling anywhere in the south of england as i'm just deperate!!
Any ideas most welcome!!

dressage_diva

Visit site
Oldencraig? They do residential trips and hhave some lovely schoolmasters you can ride to work on your own dressage.

Not sure if any of the trainers there can help much on the eventer-dressage front, but I know that one of the instructors there (Janice) used to show-jump to quite a high level in S.Africa so she will at least understand a horse coming to dressage from a jumping perspective!

tiggs

Visit site
Lizzie Murray at Catherston has a good reputation for helping event horses' dressage, not sure if they have schoolmasters.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Dovecote. Sam is superb, I alternate lessons on my horse with lessons on his schoolmasters, and my dressage scores (on my formerly stiff, backwards thinking eventer) have dropped by between 5 and 10 marks. Yesterday I had great fun doing canter half pass with changes and passage on one of his horses! A darn sight cheaper than anywhere like Talland too....

http://www.dovecote-stables.co.uk/dcs/