DriRug? Has anyone got one? Any good?

jnb

Visit site
I have heard a few showing people raving about these, anyone got one or seen one used in real life?
Worth the £££?
Time to dry off sweaty and sponged off cob?
Apparently they will be 25% off on Black Friday, my card is trembling in my purse!!

Uliy

Visit site
I got one when they were doing a 30% off and free mitt promotion (from one of the equestrian YouTubers, so keep an eye out for those too!) and I think it’s fab. The trick to it is that you need to rub them a bit - it’s basically a big towel!

I use it on my unclipped mare and it’s worked well for after exercise and during travelling. I find the mitt really useful too for drying off legs and as an extra help around the girth/armpit areas. It makes me feel more comfortable about rugging up for the night knowing she’s been able to dry off! However, I still don’t think I’d buy it at full price - luckily they seem to do promotions fairly often ?

Visit site
I have a random Thermatex rug that is made out of towel material. It was in their yearly seconds sale the other year. I have only used it once and probably won't use it again as the horse I bought it for is retired!

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I'm always interested in new products, but this rug is expensive. I might be tempted if it was half the price, particularly if it doesn't collect shavings.
As it is, I'll stick with my 20 year old thermatex which is brilliant, apart from getting covered in shavings, but I generally don't leave it on over night.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I looked at them last year at Olympia but in the end couldn’t justify the price so opted for a Rambo dry rug and just make sure I keep M tied up when it’s in use so he doesn’t roll in it.

jnb

Visit site
Thanks all. Just sold my Rambo supreme dry rug as Ruari outgrew it, he had M (up,to 6ft 6)
Given that the Rambo one is £109ish, I’m going to splurge on the Dri Rug @£179
Will write a review once I’ve used it a few times.

jnb

Visit site
They’re well worth the money!
@nikkimariet can you please do me a mini review if you have time?

I will primarily use for drying off sweaty hunter clipped cob after hacking/lesson, I usually sponge off mud/sweat then rug and have to wait anything up to an hour for him to dry off (cob lives out so starts kicking the door once he thinks he's been in long enough!)
Is it true that bedding doesn't stick? also....can you layer them if so does that wet the rug on top or could i leave it under his turnout for an hour or so?

Thank you

Littlewills

Visit site
You would be better off with a rambo air max cooler or liner. About a 1/3 of the price, dry quickly, nothing sticks to them and they dont let the top rug get wet if you layer them. They were selling them cheapy on ebay not so long ago

Uliy

Visit site
@nikkimariet can you please do me a mini review if you have time?

I will primarily use for drying off sweaty hunter clipped cob after hacking/lesson, I usually sponge off mud/sweat then rug and have to wait anything up to an hour for him to dry off (cob lives out so starts kicking the door once he thinks he's been in long enough!)
Is it true that bedding doesn't stick? also....can you layer them if so does that wet the rug on top or could i leave it under his turnout for an hour or so?

Thank you
I’m not nikkimariet but I can confirm shavings do not stick!! However poo does ? I’ve not tried it under another rug, I’ve been impressed re shavings though ?

Reactions: jnb

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Do they dry much faster than thermatex or similar?
Gave my Black Friday indulgence purchase its first test run today, and yes, it dried my horse off much more quickly than her thermatex would have done.

She’s got a hunter clip which is growing out. I sponged her off all over with warm water after working her, scraped the excess off roughly then plonked the DriRug on top.

45 mins later she was bone dry underneath, despite it being a miserable cold wet day outside. Impressed. She‘s a 6’3”, and the large is a good generous fit on her.

She might have been fully dry in less time than 45 mins, but I was with another horse so didn’t keep checking her.

8ADAAF4A-ECE8-49A7-A61D-10D406D2070D.jpeg

Reactions: jnb

Barlow

Visit site
Mine has arrived but without the mitt that was part of the Black Friday offer. Have messaged them and they have said they will sort it... looking forward to trying it!

Barlow

Visit site
Are they a lot different then? Both say microfibre
Yes I think they are different, I also think it is horses for courses! You could start with the decathlon one to see whether you would get much use out of it? I use my dri-rug all the time - so much so that it just hangs outside my horses stable now.