Driving to Cheltenham?

Nosey

Visit site
Can see there are a few cheltenham followers on here! Didn't want to hijack that post but do any of you know what its like driving there..is it a complete no no...or are there any tips to avoid huge jams! Coming from Sussex so M25 / M4. Got tickets for Fri for my first ever visit...v excited! Thanks for any stress reducing travel tips you can offer.

Nosey

Visit site
Hmm thank you..that's the impression I was getting. Had sort of thought would be like a n other horsey event like badminton/ascot but sounds may be worse. Anyone know about train options...or driving to another local station & getting train to cheltenham for last bit?

AprilBlossom

Visit site
You could try driving to Gloucester and catching the train then getting on a rammed bus to get up to tr racecourse. Having lived in the area for a number of years now, be prepared for it to be a horrendous journey through the town!! Anywhere surrounding shouldn't cause a problem though :) I am avoiding Cheltenham like the plague this week lol!
You'll have a fantastic day if you can cope with crowds...and understand Irish people!!

AprilBlossom

Visit site
*cant edit as on phone but the reason it's such a problem is Cheltenham has a massive one way system which completely fails when overloaded with traffic, hence why all roads get blocked!

Nosey

Visit site
Thanks so much for both your suggestions & explanations...train part way seems to be the answer then.

Visit site
If you drive right to the racecourse then give yourself at about 3 hours extra!

I hope you enjoy your day - and give a cheer for Brindisi Breeze in the Albert Batlett! :D