Drop Noseband - correct fitting

telerimist

Visit site
Will be trying one in the next few days, seen so many pictures of how it is supposed to be 'correctly' fitted but they all look so different. I know it needs to be fairly loose to prevent blocking the nostrils.
Advice please.

Toffee44

Visit site
I was told 4 fingers min from nostrils, and fit a finger in all around.

I think mines a bit looser than needed but its more there for comfort these days. It works for us so shall stay on :)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Interesting thread. I have one here now to try on our pony. He's always had a flash on but I really want an alternative as he does cross his jaw from time to time.
They are kinder than a flash, yes?

telerimist

Visit site
Interesting thread. I have one here now to try on our pony. He's always had a flash on but I really want an alternative as he does cross his jaw from time to time.
They are kinder than a flash, yes?

Yes they are, apparently most horses prefer them due to one less strap on their face and where they are worn looser than a flash, I tried a drop today on my mare and she was completely different and really relaxed her jaw after about 10 minutes of getting used to it and warming up.
As my mum says, they don't use them in classical riding on their young horses for no reason! :)