Drunk Abusive Rider At Country Park

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I haven't a clue what she is saying, I wonder how they got to that point? felt a bit sorry for the lass in the hi vis who seems to be with them.

Talism4n

Visit site
Went through some of the comments and apparently now the father of her children is looking to get full custody. Seems a wise move, she shouldn’t be let look after a toy horse, let alone children and animals.

be positive

Visit site
It seems that it kicked off after several adults let their young children sit on with her, it may be that money changed hands at one point, who could think it a good idea to let a child on with someone who is clearly drunk and has barely any control of the horse, at one point it looked as if the child was going off head first and was lucky she had enough control to catch it just in time.

Visit site
Sadly the riding school along the road from there is getting a lot of flack but it was nothing to do with them, the women and the horses were kept elsewhere. Its a shame as it's tarnishing the RS's reputation unjustly.

Rowreach

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Visit site
Oh poor child, she looks so upset :( That woman shouldn't be in charge of a wasp.

One of our local police areas posted pics yesterday of three riders they'd come across out and about, and gave very good and comprehensive advise about how to drive when you meet horses on the road - which then backfired rather as a) the horses and riders only had four hiviz leg bands between them and no other hiviz and b) the riders were on their horses, outside a pub with drinks in their hands. You can imagine the comments. And tbh, one drink impairs your judgement, and maybe one drink would mean you react less swiftly if your horse spooks in front of a car ...

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I'd be inclined to suggest which community they were from....

Why people would be letting their children sit on with her is another matter imagine if that child had toppled off and been injured she would have been on an incredibly sticky wicket.

The horse is very well behaved despite this however she had no control in the head collar. I'd question the weight limit on the second horse.

Surely this video can be sent to the police?

Teajack

Visit site
I believe there IS a road traffic offence to cater for "being drunk in charge of a horse on the public highway". I used to work for the constabulary and I am sure it is there somewhere!

Forgotten the details but recall a lady from Falkirk was found guilty of being drunk ln charge of a horse a few years ago.

Equi

Visit site
I believe there IS a road traffic offence to cater for "being drunk in charge of a horse on the public highway". I used to work for the constabulary and I am sure it is there somewhere!
One of the local (local being NI) police shared a pic of ladies enjoying the sunshine on horses with a pint stop. The aim of the post was to say people are out enjoying it and you should pass horses wide and slow etc. It backfired slightly with many saying you can't be on the road drunk no matter the mode of transport. Ive always thought it was somewhat an offence to be in charge of a horse drunk but then they shared that and i was not sure. They commented a few times about the "legal limit" which im sure would be over legal with a full pint...confusing message.

Our various police districts here do however often share that you should be respectful of horses here - many of them like horses despite not having any mounted branches here.

Rowreach

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Visit site
One of the local (local being NI) police shared a pic of ladies enjoying the sunshine on horses with a pint stop. The aim of the post was to say people are out enjoying it and you should pass horses wide and slow etc. It backfired slightly with many saying you can't be on the road drunk no matter the mode of transport. Ive always thought it was somewhat an offence to be in charge of a horse drunk but then they shared that and i was not sure. They commented a few times about the "legal limit" which im sure would be over legal with a full pint...confusing message.

Our various police districts here do however often share that you should be respectful of horses here - many of them like horses despite not having any mounted branches here.

Oi you copied my post :p:p

Fairynuff

Visit site
I'd be inclined to suggest which community they were from....

Why people would be letting their children sit on with her is another matter imagine if that child had toppled off and been injured she would have been on an incredibly sticky wicket.

The horse is very well behaved despite this however she had no control in the head collar. I'd question the weight limit on the second horse.

Surely this video can be sent to the police?
Which community does your inkling suggest ?

Last edited: