Drying my own herbs for horses

be positive

Visit site
I feed the cleavers fresh, not sure they will benefit from being dried out, make sure there is plenty of air circulating around the nettles otherwise they will go mouldy.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I feed the cleavers fresh, not sure they will benefit from being dried out, make sure there is plenty of air circulating around the nettles otherwise they will go mouldy.

There's plenty of companies that will sell you dried Cleavers and would think as long as it is dried and stored carefully it will retain some goodness. They are not available all the year round fresh.

There was a post that popped up on my timeline from Devon Haylage about drying herbs https://www.facebook.com/DevonHayla...ZV5ryTMgnBij_vR_es6bud1KU-WuGmZqtJAog&fref=nf
They're drying plantain, thistle, nettle, cleavers, dandelion, mint, fat hen and dock

OP Once they are totally dry I would make sure they are stored in an airtight container and out of sunlight.

Visit site
I dry literal greenhouses full of forage for my rabbits every winter, your set up sounds fine. Laying them flat on suspended mesh panels is my preferred method but I also have some hanging from string and some in nets. :)